14942 fails installation

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to fix this problem. 14942 fails installation. Has done this 3 times. Any hints on what to do next?

Reaction score
I also have that problem. This is the second time it's tried to install. After the error it directs you to a web site that provides no information. Previous version of Windows 10 is then reinstalled and 14942 is rescheduled for installation.

Reaction score
ref update to 14942.1000 :

would not update automatically from updates, made an ISO disc from the esd file,

failed to install with Malwarebytes & Avast running, on un-installing these it installed,
trying to reinstall Malwarebytes resulted in 'we have an error' windows restarted without Malwarebytes & ran.

re-installed Avast, unable to install Avast Safezone browser, with Avast running unable to update Windows Defender virus & spyware definitions (un-installed Avast & Windows Defender now updates ok)

Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Basic-en-us-Package.cab Failed to install (20 times up to now) 9 & 10/10/2016

hoping for better results with the next insider preview

Reaction score
I figured that foreign AV products might be the issue. I thought I had uninstalled them all, but then I saw that a little freebie, Kaspersky Security Scan was still running. I uninstalled that as well, reboot, and tried the update again, and, FINALLY, the install went through smoothly. In my case it was for 14965.

Ask a Question