Adjusting volume, explorer crash and lose sound

Reaction score
Hello, I did a clean wipe of my C drive today and installed Windows 10 again. After some hours on my PC I adjusted the volume on my keyboard which resulted in explorer crashing and the sound disappearing completely. I figured out I was able to make this crash happen by adjusting my sound on the headphones, keyboard and the volume mixer on the toolbar itself. After the crashes I see no other option than to restart the entire computer in order to make things go back to normal, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You'll likely have to get to the computer manufacturer or the motherboard manufacturer's support site and download and reinstall the drivers for your computer.
Chipset, Storage Controller(s), Video, Audio, LAN, etc., etc., etc.

Reaction score
Hello, thank you.
I have downloaded and reinstalled all the drivers recommended for my motherboard without any difference :(

Reaction score
After trying a lot of different solutions I noticed that when I unplugged my headset and only had the speakers connected, the issue went away.. I then googled my headset and found a software for it, once I installed the software and plugged it back in everything was still working fine.. can you believe all this issue can be caused by such a silly thing.. jeez.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
can you believe all this issue can be caused by such a silly thing
I sure can.
Windows 10 is probably the most finicky Operating System to date, when it comes to hardware and having the appropriate software / driver package to support it.

Ask a Question