SOLVED Applications can't print

Reaction score
I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and cannot print from several applications (Word, Excel, Chrome,...). I have an HP Photosmart e-All-in-One model B110a, which has a wireless connection.

When I run the HP Solution Centre I can see the status (ink levels) and make it scan a document - so I seem to be connected OK but I cannot get anything to print. Some applications, like Word, give me a message (see the attachement) others, Chrome, do nothing. There's nothing on the print queue.

I've tried various things - adding restarting printer/laptop, removing printer, checking I have latest driver, stopping spooler through task manager, but nothing has improved the matter (I even seem to have lost some options such as writing to a PDF).

Any thoughts what I should do next.

Attachments

• Word print error.png
    Word print error.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,496
Reaction score
You won't like my answer.
However, if all else fail.............uninstall > reinstall HP Phoptosmart.
Could be less time consuming than trying out solutions.

Reaction score
I have gone for it and my printer is working fine.
I removed the printer, uninstalled all of the HP stuff and then readded the printer. I have not downloaded the HP driver - it's just using the Windows driver but as it's working I'm sticking with that.

I have downloaded the HP Scan & Capture to make scanning easy.

Thanks

Ask a Question