SOLVED Automatic Repair, your PC did not start correctly

Reaction score
When I chose shut down I noticed the screen briefly froze up and then dimmed. Then I received a message that there is a problem with my computer and Windows 10 will repair. This process was to take an hour or so. I left the computer to do its work. In the morning when I returned the blue screen had a message reading "Automatic Repair, Your PS did not start correctly, press "Restart" to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press"Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC."

Reaction score
"Restart" option is not likely to do you any good since your "Automatic Repair" failed to fix anything.

"Advanced options" will give you several options. They are ............
System Restore
System Image Recovery
Startup Repair
Command Prompt
Startup Settings
Go Back to ( previous OS or previous build )

I would recommend you take System Restore option.
You may be asked to confirm your name, then enter your password.
When system restore window opens up, click the option to choose another restore point >if you don't have the option to choose another restore point, just click Next > bottom left, check the box "Show more restore points " > now choose a date when you did not have this problem, click that date > click Next > follow the prompts from then on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hie its saying no restore points have been created on this computer

Reaction score
Itssaying start up coudnt repair your pc try other options to repair your pc or turn I off

Reaction score
I am afraid I have to stop here, because my next suggestion would be Repair Install using a bootable DVD or USB.........not a desirable suggestion.

Please wait a bit for someone who has a better idea to help you out.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Can I ask wat is to reset the computer
If you are looking at the Reset option, it tells you what it is and what it will do.

Reset this PC.jpg

Reaction score
Hieafter you said I should wait a few minutes I chose the shut down option & its now back in place thank you

Reaction score
Yes everything is now okay its now working but it gave me notifications that it installed new updates.

Reaction score
That fine. It always lets you know after Updates have been successfully installed.
That's normal.

So, if problem is fixed, please mark the thread Solved.
Thank you.

Reaction score
I'm having this same problem, but shut down, restart and system restore are not fixing the problem. I think the only options I haven't tried are reset PC and going back to previous build. I don't know which one I should try, or if I should take my pc to someone with better computer skills?

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Troubleshoot does not do anything. If I click restart it just keeps spinning with the Windows screen

Reaction score
Hallo.Help me. CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO FIXIT?.I'VE TRIED ALL BUT DIDN'T SUCCEED. CAN YOU SAY HOW TO FIX IT via USB? STEP by STEP PLEASE

Attachments

• tmp-cam-1391294066.jpg
    tmp-cam-1391294066.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 2,090

Ask a Question