Bar Code Reading Device - Is this new?

Reaction score
If I look at Settings, Devices, Connected Devices and try adding a Device, on both of my systems with a camera I see a

"Integrated Webcam - POS Barcode Scanner"

Is this new or have I just missed it before.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Never noticed it, Checked and still don't see it. Was it associated with a mobile phone device maybe?

Reaction score
No, no phone, but this OS does run on phones so that might be one reason it is there. One system is a Dell with built-in webcam and one Desktop with a Logitech camera.

I was wondering if it might be related to the webcam problems encountered by many with the prior update..

Maybe I should look for some software to start and see if the reader actually works.

Thanks..

Reaction score
I had the app on my phone, it works well. The only reason I can see a need on a PC is for businesses.

Reaction score
I have seen talk of tying it into the Microsoft store and other areas. Possibly you would have a card with a barcode you could hold up to the camera to pay for things, or hold up the barcode of something you want to buy.

I saw a barcode on one of the Recovery screens the other day. It was supposed to be used to pass info regarding the error. I can move one camera so it can actually see the screen... But can only guess right now.

POS Barcode.jpg

Ask a Question