cannot type in any browser

Reaction score
We just updated our laptop to windows 10. The browsers edge/chrome/firefox hang up when tried to type in address bar or search window. mouse click works, but try typing and the browsers freeze, In Internet explorer typing in address bar works but cannot type in search box like google or any email login page like gmail, yahoo. Update went fine. Our PC does not have touch screen and no idea if any of that settings are messed up. Thanks,

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Can you open notepad or word pad and try typing in either or both of those. Does the problem manifest itself there as well?
Some details about your laptop
Manufacturer Name, Model Name, Model Number (complete model number) might help us help further.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. We have not tried wordpad/notepad, but were able to type in control panel search box, so looks like keyboard is working. Also able to type in IE address bar. Our laptop is HP windows 7 AMD 64 bit processor. I don't have the laptop with me now for detail specs tough.

Reaction score
I experience similar problem using Nov 2015 update of Windows 10 Home. My temporary workaround is to double-click the Windows key

Ask a Question