SOLVED Can't send e-mails in Outlook 2013 - Task reported error (0x800CCC13)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Since installing Windows 10 and Outlook 2013 on my main machine, I've had the following error when trying to send e-mails:

Sending reported error (0x800CCC13): Cannot connect to the network. Check your network connection or modem.

Oddly, the test e-mail when setting up the account works. I even re-installed Windows 10/Outlook 2013 and the same problem occurred, I tried a different e-mail account on another machine and the same error occurred.

I can send just fine using Windows 7 and all the config options are exactly the same.

So far I've tried:
  • Disabling the AV software
  • Disabling all Outlook plugins
  • Tried different e-mail accounts
  • Recreated outlook profiles
Any thoughts on what I could try next? I'm currently running "sfc / scannow" as a quick Google shows that this may resolve it for some people.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, it looks like running "sfc /scannow" from an administrative command prompt did the trick!

That is going to cause a lot of headaches if this problem affects everyone with Outlook 2013 :eek:.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Question; why are you not running the Office 2016 preview.....for a 150 days, why not. It's pretty damn good looking and works great.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Question; why are you not running the Office 2016 preview.....for a 150 days, why not. It's pretty damn good looking and works great.

I'm running it on my test machine, but on my main machine I've only got non-beta stuff (generally speaking anyway) :D.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
ahh.....I like the way you operate your main PC....I'm a firm believer in running non-beta software on my main PC as well.

Reaction score
Good morning, I have the same problem with Outlook 2010, error code 0x800CCC13. I can sent an email within the account setup text box, but not from Outlook itself. I have also tried all the above, even changed the out port for 25 to 2525 to 143, 587. I have just tried to run your suggestion of "sfc / scannow" as administrator - still the same problem - any other ideas? Regards John

Reaction score
Good morning, I have the same problem with Outlook 2010, error code 0x800CCC13. I can sent an email within the account setup text box, but not from Outlook itself. I have also tried all the above, even changed the out port for 25 to 2525 to 143, 587. I have just tried to run your suggestion of "sfc / scannow" as administrator - still the same problem - any other ideas? Regards John

Reaction score
I and my wife on 2 separate computers cannot send mail in outlook 2010 after upgrading to windows 10.
It annoyed my wife so much that she has reverted back to windows 8.1. Is there a fix for this anywhere or what other email program can I use?

Reaction score
I have got my emails working again. I did a repair via the uninstall option of Office.

Reaction score
Oh no, the option above did not work long. Dropped out of Outlook, then back in - error message 0x800CCC13 back again - yet I sent maybe a dozen email without problem once I had run the repair option.

Reaction score
I have so far wasted nearly a whole day due to this problem with sending email, I should have known better than to expect a Microsoft product to work on release! I am trying the solution above

Reaction score
It may be significant that I upgraded to Windows 10 at work and everything worked fine on our ISP there but at home I am experiencing these problems with a different ISP (TalkTalk). Test emails work on 4 different POP3 accounts but I am receiving the error when attempting to send routine emails.

Edit to add info that outlook is now working after running SFC /scannow

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Been tearing my hair out with this all day with the same problem - installed Windows 10 yesterday and was working fine for 24hrs until today when I couldn't send any emails in Outlook. After a lot of stress and exhaustion I then stumbled across this forum.
sfc / scannow worked!

Just wanted to say thank you so so much!

Reaction score
I faced the same issue, after installing Windows 10 I've got the error 0x800ccc13. I've tried all possible solutions (opening new account, change firewall, etc., etc.), but nothing worked out....

Until I used the SFC tool, now it works again.

Thanks Ian for the solution!!

Reaction score
Hi
Please someone help before before I tear all of my hair out. Installed Windows 10 yesterday - everything worked fine until a few hours ago, when I found that I was not able to SEND emails using Outlook 2010. I have tried all available fixes. I want to use the sfc/scannow solution BUT, while I have found how to access the command prompt in Windows 10, I cannot find a way to 'run as administrator' - this is not an option that is offered, just the command prompt button which produces the command prompt in a small screen. If I attempt the SFC command, I get a message stating that this cannot be done because 'I need to be an administrator running a console session...'. According to my system set up, I am an administrator! I am in the middle of rural France and without any IT help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've had another go, and found a way to change the command prompt to recognise me as an administrator, but now I get "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." Now what?

Reaction score
Hi - Please ignore the above two messages. I have used the Restore button on Windows 10 to put the system back to Windows 8.1 Now everything works again. People should know that they only have one month from installing Windows 10 before doing this. Anyway, I thought that the Windows 10 GUI was about the worst design I've ever seen. I know Windows 8.1 has its issues, but the new one is almost useless.

Ask a Question