Card reader on Gateway FX530 will no longer recognize SD card when inserted.

Reaction score
I have installed Windows10 on a Gateway FX530 desktop PC. All has gone well with one exception. The OS seems to recognize that there is a card reader attached, I can see them through Device manager. When I insert a SD card the system completely ignores the device and will not allow me to access it. I have tried to change the drivers, without success. This card reader worked just fine with Windows 7 Pro and there was no indication that they would not work with Windows 10 when I ran the upgrade test.

If anyone can give me a hand getting this fixed I would certainly appreciate it.

Reaction score
I did find that update but I have been unable to install it. When I try to update the drivers I am informed that the most up to date driver is already installed and I cannot go any further. I think I will just buy a USB card reader and be done with it. Thanks for the help.

Ask a Question