Dell 968 Printer not printing.

Reaction score
Since I upgraded to Windows 10 my Dell 968 printer will not print. It sends the item to the printer, but nothing prints. I tried to update drivers, removed the printer, reinstalled the printer and still nothing prints. I can delete the jobs in the printer status window. I tried to restart the print jobs and still nothing prints. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Perry Trueax

Reaction score
In looking at the Dell support webpage for that printer, you may be out of luck.
Printer not tested with Windows 10
Dell has not confirmed that this printer model and/or its features work with devices running the Windows 10 operating system.

You said you "tried to update drivers", were they W10 drivers?

Reaction score
the drivers are not windows 10. Tried the windows 7 and 8 drivers, but they did not work. Can't believe that Dell will not release updated drivers for this printer. Or that I have to purchase a new printer just because of the upgrade to windows 10.

Reaction score
Can't believe that Dell will not release updated drivers for this printer. Or that I have to purchase a new printer just because of the upgrade to windows 10.
I hear you. But it is the hardware maker's responsibility to ensure drivers are available and if they won't do it, there is not much we as consumer can do. And to that, we really cannot expect HW makers to keep software developers working on legacy hardware that fewer and fewer people have.

I would certainly contact Dell and go on record that you want W10 drivers for this device.

Ask a Question