SOLVED Destroy Windows 10 Spying ?

Reaction score
Hey guys, have any of you heard about this little software (I think it's been developed by KMSpico team) ? Does it really work? Is it really magical like it says?

fxcnek3lyo9mujv5kx4cgfgeorvzjzqo.jpg

Reaction score
It may or may not. There are tools that work (and there are ways to just DIY), but it goes directly against Microsoft's EULA to disable it. Use that stuff at your own risk.

Reaction score
It may or may not. There are tools that work (and there are ways to just DIY), but it goes directly against Microsoft's EULA to disable it. Use that stuff at your own risk.
Thanks mate, I decided to deactivate weird stuff on my own :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Why would anyone, in their right mind, employ a third party software product from an unknown resource, that is labeled "Destroy Windows 7 / 8.1 Spying" and referencing two KB articles.
Isn't there enough problems already with Windows 10 without adding to them with sketchy crapware like that.

Reaction score
In fairness, they are not exactly an unknown entity.

That said, I did not use that one. I'm using O&O Shutup10, in conjunction with a good firewall.

In all honesty, I can't imagine why anyone would let microsoft get away with this spyware riddled mess. The only way to affect any sort of change is to take a stand. I block all their spyware crapola, and I never use any of their metro apps.

Reaction score
"I block all their spyware crapola, and I never use any of their metro apps."

And how, specifically, did you do that?

Reaction score
Well, never using metro crap is easy, just don't do it.(why would anyone anyway..??)

Blocking is easy, as more and more apps arrive to achieve just that.

Shutup10
The afore mentioned destroy windows spying
Ashampoo anti-spy
Spybot SpyBeacon
Peerblock, with a specific list
Block searchui.exe with process lasso(terminate always)

Reaction score
and how exactly did you verify that someone isn't spying on you still. I am curious how one checks on that.

the poorguy

Reaction score
Peerblock will tell you if it is blocking anything. So, at least in theory, if no blocks are being made, means no attempts to communicate, means all spyware is disabled.

There are other things, like network analyzers that monitor network traffic, but I never use them.

All spyware that we know of. I make you absolutely NO guarantee that every single thing is blocked, but it's what we got at the moment.

Reaction score
ok I understand what your saying and that may work for your home computer.
what about a mobile device such as a cell phone.
are you not worried about all of the information that is getting retrieved off of it.

i don't like the privacy intrusion either but it has been around for years prior to windows 10 openly admitting that it is being done. i believe that apple started it all so yeah it has been around for years it just wasn't as known then as it is now.
Peerblock better have a hell of a data base because people are good at writing spyware software that can hide from checks as that.
the poorguy

Reaction score
Although I do have an S5, I really only use it as a phone, and fore emergency browsing via Palemoon.

Reaction score
Peerblock will tell you if it is blocking anything. So, at least in theory, if no blocks are being made, means no attempts to communicate, means all spyware is disabled.
This is often true but Micro$oft gives itself Internet access at a level that Peerblock can't detect. You can test this yourself by blocking all IP's in existence (just add the full range, a single short line, to a block list) then let Windows search for available updates. You'll see that it is still able to search for and download updates, and Peerblock is unable to detect it. This is true in both Windows 7 and Windows 10 (haven't tested in XP yet). In Windows 7, third-party firewall software can block Internet access at a deeper level as long as you configure/use it correctly (this includes manually checking and approving/blocking all svchost's attempts to access the network or Internet).

Micro$oft's sneakiness and boldness is now off the charts when it comes to spying.
At this point, I only use Windows for gaming or running apps that aren't available for Linux OS's.
While using Windows, I have the hard drives which contain my personal files disabled or disconnected, I don't use a web browser and I usually have my network cable unplugged.

Reaction score
The one way that does work is to use an old PC with a 2nd ethernet card, position it between your modem and your router and run Pfsense. A proper firewall that runs on OpenBSD which is included. Not the simpleset thing to use and does require some Unix knowledge...no 'holes' in it to allow MS to do stuff.

Reaction score
The one way that does work is to use an old PC with a 2nd ethernet card, position it between your modem and your router and run Pfsense. A proper firewall that runs on OpenBSD which is included. Not the simpleset thing to use and does require some Unix knowledge...no 'holes' in it to allow MS to do stuff.

Great idea but how many users have the knowledge to do this. I personally do not care what MS can see. I have nothing to hide. Google has been doing this for years and then you have the NSA...

Ask a Question