Different error for each blue screen crash

Tay

Reaction score
I recently bought this computer that had windows 8 and so I installed window 10, it's an hp pavilion 15 p133d, and it was fine for like the first day and I've had it for 3 now
After I installed windows 10 it started crashing and going to the blue screen efrequently I got a different error each time for example, a few I saw were
System_service_exception (dxgmms1.sys)
0xc0000096
System_thread_exception_not_handled
Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
Win32kbase.sys
Irql_not_less_or_equal
This stuff happens on the blue screen and half the time I'm not even doing anything like twice it did this while I was on Skype and then another time while nothing was up amd it was just sitting on the home screen
So I started looking up how to fix it and I went through amd defraged and optimized it, then did a memory scan to see any faults and there was non, I did the updates to the card and driver and what not and all of that stuff is already updated
So I'm really hoping someone can help because I really like this laptop and I don't wanna have to get rid of it but I have legit no clue what's going
Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can't seem to find a 15 p133d, I can find a ......
HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p133cl
And a couple others that are close but no p133d and it needs to be exactly correct as it sounds to me like the laptop might need a Firmware / BIOS update and those are scary enough without mistakenly getting the wrong one.
Check with HP Support -> Software and Drivers downloads and see if you can find the exact model number.
Also you might try running the HP Support Assistant which should be installed on the laptop and should locate the drivers, including any BIOS update that might be available. Some of which you may have to manually download and install.

Reaction score
In addition to what Trouble says I would download the test program from the website of your hard drive manufacturer. Run that to rule out a failing HDD. Also what test did you run to test your memory? Memtest 86 + is free and is very good. Your error messages can be drivers, bad memory or motherboard, and I have seen failing hard drives throw these messages. Hopefully it's just a driver or BIOS issue.

Last edited:

Ask a Question