DVD Player Code 19 Solved

Reaction score
I have a Toshbiba Satellite Pro L500 Laptop and after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 it would not recognise the DVD player. It had the yellow question mark in the device manager and Code 19. After a lot of digging around I found that the answer was to disable the service TODDsrv.exe which is part of the Toshiba utilities. I had already uninstalled some of the DVD utilities but this service did not automatically uninstall. All good now. I have also disabled the service at startup

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi Barry,

Could you please tell me how you have done this because I am passing through the same problem.

Thanks,
Bobby

Last edited by a moderator:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good find Barry.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting that information. I've noticed a couple other members with similar issues.
Did your problem involve specifically a MATSHITA DVD?

Reaction score
Good find Barry.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting that information. I've noticed a couple other members with similar issues.
Did your problem involve specifically a MATSHITA DVD?

Thank you both of you for considering my concern. Yes, its MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ240EF. I have tried everything what I know but failed, so seeking an advise form my forum friends. I upgraded my laptop (Toshiba - Qosmio - F750) from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and stuck with this issue.
Please, advise me what to do.

Regards,
Bobby.

aaa

Reaction score
Thank very very much. It takes 1/2 of day and reason was here. Thank you very much. Lada

Reaction score
I had this problem with Mashita DVD. The solution is to uninstall all of the Toshiba programs under apps and then disable the Toshiba optical drive service. Then go to Device Manager, uninstall the Mashita DVD with the yellow sign. Then do a "scan for new hardware". I first did the regedit filter change but it didn't do anything. I had tried to fix it for three weeks and went back to Win 7 when I found this thread. Thanks Barry. Used it to fix a friends computer.

ADB

Reaction score
Thank you Barry so much for this solution. I have been trying for the past couple of weeks to restore my DVD drive to my Toshiba. I even bought a new Mashita DVD drive with no luck. I bought a new Dell DVD drive and installed it with no luck until finding your solution. There was probably nothing wrong with the original Mashita disk drive that was in my laptop. Regedit did not work for me, uninstalling drivers didn't work. Your solution is a lifesaver. I was almost ready to give up and buy an external slim dvd drive.

Andrew, February 8, 2016

Reaction score
Thank you Barry so much for this solution. I have been trying for the past couple of weeks to restore my DVD drive to my Toshiba. I even bought a new Mashita DVD drive with no luck. I bought a new Dell DVD drive and installed it with no luck until finding your solution. There was probably nothing wrong with the original Mashita disk drive that was in my laptop. Regedit did not work for me, uninstalling drivers didn't work. Your solution is a lifesaver. I was almost ready to give up and buy an external slim dvd drive.

Andrew, February 8, 2016
I bought an external slim drive and it also would not work. So I will have to try the gauntlet of all of these fixes.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Did you happen to try this one, just to see if it might help
Right click the start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) and type
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

Reboot and check to see if it shows up.

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the inforamtion. I tried to fix this problem for sometime and followed all instructions found and did not work. I do have the same Mashita DVD from Toshiba. It now works after I uninstalled the device and removed all the Toshiba apps. It works right after my reboot.

Ask a Question