SOLVED How do I get rid of Windows 10

Reaction score
Hello Good People of the Forum:

I do not want Windows 10. I have attempted to get rid of it by unchecking the download & install box. I have uninstalled update KB3035583. When I attempt to download & install other updates this piece of junk keeps downloading and installing. I would gladly just let it die a horrible death by leaving it unchecked and isolated but I wouldn't be able to download and install any updates. As far as I am concerned this is a denial of service on the part of Microsoft. And should any portion of this monstrosity happen to make it to my monitor, I will be making a claim that Microsoft has installed a virus on my computer via this upgrade. (They have the right to do as they want under the terms of their licensing agreement but my monitor does not fall under that agreement and if they put anything on my screen that I find offensive, or believe is harmful to my computer, then I consider it a virus.)
So, if any of you folks can tell me how to wipe all traces of this unwanted garbage from my computer I would appreciate it and you will never have to hear from me again.

Regards
Powell Lucas

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
ok so idk if this is what you are looking for but I found a go back to windows 7 button. I found it in the settings > updates & security> recovery. It is only available for one month after upgrading.

Reaction score
I, too, would like to know how to get rid of this stupid "Upgrade to Windows 10" icon from my Taskbar on Windows 7 Pro. This is my main PC and I have no intentions of upgrading it.

Reaction score
I've tried the "go back to windows 7 button & it does not work! Someone suggested go into settings/ Recovery option on left side of screen then "go back to previous version of windows" This doesn't work either.
I only installed it yesterday and it's slowed everything down, buggered the network firewall and being generally hostile.
HELP me get back to 7!!

Reaction score
I've tried the "go back to windows 7 button & it does not work! Someone suggested go into settings/ Recovery option on left side of screen then "go back to previous version of windows" This doesn't work either.
I only installed it yesterday and it's slowed everything down, buggered the network firewall and being generally hostile.
HELP me get back to 7!!

I have rid myself of this monster, but only because I have a Windows 7 installation disk. For anyone who has such a disk it's simply a matter of installing Windows 7 from the disk.

Reaction score
Hello Good People of the Forum:

I do not want Windows 10. I have attempted to get rid of it by unchecking the download & install box. I have uninstalled update KB3035583. When I attempt to download & install other updates this piece of junk keeps downloading and installing. I would gladly just let it die a horrible death by leaving it unchecked and isolated but I wouldn't be able to download and install any updates. As far as I am concerned this is a denial of service on the part of Microsoft. And should any portion of this monstrosity happen to make it to my monitor, I will be making a claim that Microsoft has installed a virus on my computer via this upgrade. (They have the right to do as they want under the terms of their licensing agreement but my monitor does not fall under that agreement and if they put anything on my screen that I find offensive, or believe is harmful to my computer, then I consider it a virus.)
So, if any of you folks can tell me how to wipe all traces of this unwanted garbage from my computer I would appreciate it and you will never have to hear from me again.

Regards
Powell Lucas
HAVE YOU FIGURE IT OUT YET?

Bif

Reaction score
You can't/don't get rid of it, it's like that nagging cold that just won't go away:confused:...you can run but you can't hide... you can wash your hands continuously in hopes that it may pass you by, but in all truth it will find you in the end..:eek:be afraid!....be very afraid!

..........seriously, it ain't that bad..;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello,

I run a dual boot system. Windows 10, and all the evil it brings. and windows 7 pro. In support of win 10, I can say I spend most of my time there, albeit much time spent in battle especially after the anniversary update in which MS became even more heavy handed. I believe I have a handle on that except for a few things which still choke me.

I use the GWX control panel (google it) on my win 7 partition to thart the insistent win 10 unauthorized install. I do still believe we have the right to refuse the upgrade to windows 10. The GWX tool stops it and allows you to use your win7 machine as you always did. You will still be able to get the security updates. For another 4 years anyway.

cheers

Ask a Question