SOLVED I am unable to open jpg, png file via Windows Photo Viwer

Reaction score
Hey everybody, i am using windows 10, but i face a simple problem. i am unable to open jpg, png file via windows photo viwer. i can't change the option. i have already go to control panel> default program >windows photo viwer
but here is no jpg and png file, i see only tiff, tifff file. so at this time how can i solve this problem. i have attach screenshot. hope anyone help me.

Note: photo open via windows 10 default photos apps.
Screenshot_1.png

Reaction score
Have a look at this method posted in another forum.
Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).
It will work on Windows 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-a...0-a-2.html?s=30e1f367ee6f758b05431dc82f25b765

Reply by .....IownAmoneyPit

This works like charm nexus.

Here is a zip file of .reg key for those that don't know how to make the registry key, Simply save the file to your desktop then extract the zip file & follow the prompts to add it to the registry.

photoviewer.zip (Credit nexus)

Reaction score
I don't have a problem opening file in Photo viewer. It just won't print from there

Reaction score
Thanks, it's all the jpg and may be other formats. Is works once registered on the desk by using windows media or picasa. But i would like it to be like before, by just clicking on the file it would open.

Ask a Question