IncrediMail crashing with Windows 10

Reaction score
I'm heartsick!...as I just lost my favorite email provider, IncrediMail because tech help tells me it has some compatibility issues with Windows 10! ... Can ANYone tell me how to get my IncrediMail to function again?!! ... It will receive incoming mail...but won't allow me to open it! ... I've tried uninstalling IncrediMail (which I've had for 23 years!) and re-installing it...but get the same error message: "IncrediMail has encountered a problem and needs to close." I'm heartsick...as all those other "blah" email providers simply have no personality...after IncrediMail!...with all its pictures, emoticons and such! Please help! Anyone!

Reaction score
A google search found quite a few people running it on Windows 10. You may need the latest version, if you don't already have it.

Reaction score
I'm heartsick!...as I just lost my favorite email provider, IncrediMail because tech help tells me it has some compatibility issues with Windows 10! ... Can ANYone tell me how to get my IncrediMail to function again?!! ... It will receive incoming mail...but won't allow me to open it! ... I've tried uninstalling IncrediMail (which I've had for 23 years!) and re-installing it...but get the same error message: "IncrediMail has encountered a problem and needs to close." I'm heartsick...as all those other "blah" email providers simply have no personality...after IncrediMail!...with all its pictures, emoticons and such! Please help! Anyone!
i need help with this too. it just started today and i can't clear the error message even after sending to im.

Reaction score
The latest version and try installing it in W7 compatibility mode or as administrator

Reaction score
I've had the same problem with Windows 10 and my incredimail crashing. saying: "IncrediMail has encountered a problem and needs to close." any ideas to fix it? Too many emails I need to keep!

Reaction score

I have same problem :(

Reaction score
Mine was crashing too. I removed the KB3132372 as suggested by PeteW, but this did not work. I finally just used compatibility mode for Windows 7 and all seems to be well again. For now anyway.

Reaction score
to all. i am experiencing crashes on my incredimail running windows 10. found out incredimail, itself, is having software issues due to a recent windows update. no fix as of now. they are supposed to let us know when fix is available. they are suggesting a means to run; however, the so-called fix does not work for me. lol.
the wizard

p.s. might have to use your smartphone to send/receive email; or, another email program until incredimail fixes their issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
well, if you're really desperate for e-mail, short of resorting to your cell phone as suggested, just use the Windows 10 mail program. But like the original poster, I like my Incredimail. but found the windows 10 mail to be rather smooth to use.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
I used to use incredimail but uninstalled it when they ignored posts on their forum.
I had also only just paid for it but wrote it off as a bad job.
Now use Windows 10 Mail App and find that it is faster with no hang ups and all my mail apps I had through incredimail work even better.
I had incredimail for well over 10 years but in the end time to move on.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Are you monitoring this thread Kay or are we just wasting our breath? It's turning into a "My favorite Email" thread.
Totally agree with you have not seen any reply from OP

Reaction score
Mine was crashing too. I removed the KB3132372 as suggested by PeteW, but this did not work. I finally just used compatibility mode for Windows 7 and all seems to be well again. For now anyway.
Didn't work for me :(

Reaction score
The latest flash security update is the culprit, uninstall KB3132372 and problem solved. Blame Microsoft for missed emails and frustration.

Reaction score
I used to use incredimail but uninstalled it when they ignored posts on their forum.
I had also only just paid for it but wrote it off as a bad job.
Now use Windows 10 Mail App and find that it is faster with no hang ups and all my mail apps I had through incredimail work even better.
I had incredimail for well over 10 years but in the end time to move on.

I have 2 thousand emails in incredimail. Windows mail app is not an option. Is there a select all option to bulk delete? is there an option to import contacts? Is there a spam filter in mail?

Reaction score
I changed in incredimail to open with Windows 7, didn't work. Then I removed the new
Microsoft update KB3132372 and the incredimail is working fine. Now I need to transfer all my emails to Windows 10 email before Windows updates again. Any ideas how to do this? There are several program downloads that claim to do this, but they have mixed reviews.

Reaction score
I had the exact same fault and I would expect so have a large number of Incredimail users. I used the solution mentioned previous and deleted the update KB3132372, I only wish I had found the solution earlier before deleting and reinstalling the program twice, losing important emails in the process. I think the makers of incredimail are only after your money and nothing else, years ago I paid for the top program at the time which was called premium. They then deleted certain parts of it and called them by different names which you had to pay extra for such as the gold content.

Reaction score
I agree Ronald! I've used it since 1999, and have always loved it. I paid for the lifetime of incredimail, then as you mentioned, they deleted it. I wholeheartedly agree with Kay, as it is my favorite program and I'm just sick about it too. What update did you delete...the windows or incredimail update?

Reaction score
I changed in incredimail to open with Windows 7, didn't work. Then I removed the new
Microsoft update KB3132372 and the incredimail is working fine. Now I need to transfer all my emails to Windows 10 email before Windows updates again. Any ideas how to do this? There are several program downloads that claim to do this, but they have mixed reviews.
This worked for me! :) But I lost all my old emails.

Ask a Question