Infiltration!!

Reaction score
Looks very suspicious to me. I wouldn't call any of those numbers not click on anything in those posts.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It would appear that there has been a breach in the outer walls surrounding the compound, the infiltrators ID is "Getsupport".
Let the dogs out!..women and children stay inside!
That one went right over my head, until......
I filtered through some of the recent posts, then it finally dawned on me.
Little slow on the uptake but I finally got it.
All gone.

Bif

Reaction score
That one went right over my head, until......
I filtered through some of the recent posts, then it finally dawned on me.
Little slow on the uptake but I finally got it.
All gone.
No worries, I just thought I'd bring it to everyones attention just in case someone decided to be a happy clicker! just had a friend click on one of these pop-ups on his laptop.. Ransomware was installed instantly and now he's buggered..
Damn no goodnicks!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks @Trouble :)

It looks like people are trying to rank in search engines for support helplines and then mislead people (no doubt extorting users!).

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I actually tried one of the links and MalwareBytes Premium pitched a fit.
Figured it was probably not good so no more @Getsupport

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Amazing what some people will click on.....
On March 19 of this year, Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman John Podesta received an alarming email that appeared to come from Google.
The email, however, didn’t come from the internet giant. It was actually an attempt to hack into his personal account. In fact, the message came from a group of hackers that security researchers, as well as the US government, believe are spies working for the Russian government. At the time, however, Podesta didn’t know any of this, and he clicked on the malicious link contained in the email, giving hackers access to his account.
https://motherboard.vice.com/read/h...john-podesta-and-colin-powells-gmail-accounts

AND these are the folks we have running our country.
Doesn't do much to bolster my hopes for the future.

Reaction score
I have no intention of being rude about a great nation with great people, but, if I lived there, I would not vote for either of the two candidates on the grounds that both were incompetent and, in one particular case immature. Obviously you can get rich without the necessity of having brains

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
if I lived there, I would not vote for either of the two candidates
Easy for you to say...... you wouldn't have to live with the consequences of not voting for the next 4 or possibly more years.
Not voting is not nor (for me) has it ever been an option, even in those instances where I had to hold my nose to cast my vote.

No doubt, this time around has been a bit more malodorous not to mention distasteful but it is what it is and you get what you get unless you don't vote, then you get someone else's choice.
This is not the election to stay home, given what the results might possibly be.

Bif

Reaction score
Easy for you to say...... you wouldn't have to live with the consequences of not voting for the next 4 or possibly more years.
Not voting is not nor (for me) has it ever been an option, even in those instances where I had to hold my nose to cast my vote.

No doubt, this time around has been a bit more malodorous not to mention distasteful but it is what it is and you get what you get unless you don't vote, then you get someone else's choice.
This is not the election to stay home, given what the results might possibly be.
I don't envy you folks, we have our share of circus acts here as well..
Like you said..it is what it is..and if it's any comfort, we plan on renting the basement out for anyone planning on an extended stay North of the 49th...free continental breakfast included!;)

Reaction score
Power no brains and running a great nation is scary. It will be a difficult 4 years for every nation, no matter what the outcome may be.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't envy you folks, we have our share of circus acts here as well..
Like you said..it is what it is..and if it's any comfort, we plan on renting the basement out for anyone planning on an extended stay North of the 49th...free continental breakfast included!;)
The Chicagoland area is far enough north for me.
I think I'll wait for further global warming before placing a reservation for your space.

Bif

Reaction score
Just watching some of the tomfoolery and general discourse on the news right now..
It's an open invitation!
Bring lots of Scotch if you change your mind!

Reaction score
I confess. At the moment, in the UK (I am born in the UK) we have got the wrong government and leader in power - too late now.

Reaction score
Thank you Trouble, for taking the time to drop kick that " getsupport" character outa here.

On the side note(s) re: our political situation, I agree whole heartedly that to not vote is the worst choice ever. 1) No vote =NO right to compline, b**ch and moan after the election. 2) To have to chose the "lesser of two evils" is a sad, but realistic, commentary on our currant political landscape.
Personally; I doubt George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, F.D. Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower or John F Kennedy could get elected in todays political climate

Reaction score
I confess. At the moment, in the UK (I am born in the UK) we have got the wrong government and leader in power - too late now.

It seems politicians/politics world wide is on the nose, I'm sure it's a reflection of society in general...