Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10.

Reaction score
try this one
regedit=> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLabels => WindowsLogon => ExcludeFromCPL
double click it ExcludeFromCPL chane 0 or 1 .. restart dont know its working just try
same as WindowsLogoff,Notification.Looping.Alarm,Notification.Looping.Call

Reaction score
The sounds, other than the start up sound, have not been available to the user since Windows 8. The startup sound can be reenabled by opening the control panel (right click the start orb and select) and going to "sound"- then "sounds" tab. The item is at the bottom. "Paly Windows Start up sound".

The registry hack was introduced in Windows 7/8 I have no idea if it will work for windows 10, but, you also need, as in the suggestion given, to repeat the steps for the other subfolders.
See the original

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/customize-windows-8-shutdown-logon-logoff-sounds/

But, please, before you run into more serious problems, BACKUP/Export your registry first.

Reaction score
The sounds, other than the start up sound, have not been available to the user since Windows 8. The startup sound can be reenabled by opening the control panel (right click the start orb and select) and going to "sound"- then "sounds" tab. The item is at the bottom. "Paly Windows Start up sound".

The registry hack was introduced in Windows 7/8 I have no idea if it will work for windows 10, but, you also need, as in the suggestion given, to repeat the steps for the other subfolders.
See the original

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/customize-windows-8-shutdown-logon-logoff-sounds/

But, please, before you run into more serious problems, BACKUP/Export your registry first.
I did that but and they appeared in the sound options but the sounds don't play.

Reaction score
Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do?

Hello :
Try to follow this :
lick Start< Run and type regedit and hit enter. Once Registry Editor opens highlight Hkey_Current_User. Once it is highlighted look on the right column which will show a Reg_SZ value with the name (default). Right click this value and hit delete. Reboot the computer and test.

And good luck !

Reaction score
Hello :
Try to follow this :
lick Start< Run and type regedit and hit enter. Once Registry Editor opens highlight Hkey_Current_User. Once it is highlighted look on the right column which will show a Reg_SZ value with the name (default). Right click this value and hit delete. Reboot the computer and test.

And good luck !
Regedit refuses to delete the value.

Reaction score
Regedit refuses to delete the value.

I tried this and it works perfectly to me at least all sounds is back :

There are two User profile registry keys that have become corrupt or are missing:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Names

Create a new user. Log on as that user, run regedit, right click and export these two registry hives individually to files.
save them at flash or anything and Log off.
Log on as the user that is missing the sound schemes ( And its the main user you use ).
Get your files out from your flash to desktop
and then run again regedit and
delete :

And then Import both registry files that you saved at your flash .

I hope this works to you ~ good luck !

Reaction score
I tried this and it works perfectly to me at least all sounds is back :

There are two User profile registry keys that have become corrupt or are missing:

Create a new user. Log on as that user, run regedit, right click and export these two registry hives individually to files.
save them at flash or anything and Log off.
Log on as the user that is missing the sound schemes ( And its the main user you use ).
Get your files out from your flash to desktop
and then run again regedit and
delete :

And then Import both registry files that you saved at your flash .

I hope this works to you ~ good luck !
Only unlock screen's sound worked at first time and then stopped.

Ask a Question