Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB3197954 via Windows Update to Windows 10 PC and Mob

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Information
Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB3197954 via Windows Update to Windows 10 PC and Mobile.

This will bring Windows 10 to Build 14393.351.

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Improved reliability of Internet Explorer 11, Start, File Explorer, action center, graphics, and the Windows kernel.
  • Addressed issue that was causing System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) Management Console to crash in State view.
  • Addressed connectivity issue from a 32-bit application to a Remote Desktop Gateway that doesn’t have HTTP tunneling enabled.
  • Addressed issue of updates not being restored when doing a system reset, even if those updates were permanently installed.
  • Addressed issue that was causing domain logon attempts to fail on a Windows 10 Pro device after upgrading from Windows 10 Home.
  • Addressed issue that was causing failed logon counts of non-admin users without network logon permissions to be counted as cumulative, resulting in devices going into BitLocker recovery more frequently.
  • Improved support for websites by updating the HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) preload list.
  • Improved support for IT administrators using Group Policy to block users updating the operating system from Windows Update.
  • Improved reliability and stability of the notification framework for enabling contextual notifications in File Explorer.
  • Addressed an issue that prevented System Center Configuration Manager from performing inventory uploads via Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) when Encrypting File System (EFS) has been disabled.
  • Addressed additional issues with USB, Wi-Fi, clustering, setup, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, licensing, PowerShell, Component Object Model (COM), Windows kernel, graphics, and Bluetooth.

For more information about the complete list of affected files, see KB3197954.

Downloaded and installed ok will need a restart

Reaction score
Has made no difference to my machine. I got it and then restarted yesterday.

All these things in:

• Addressed additional issues with USB, Wi-Fi, clustering, setup, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, licensing, PowerShell, Component Object Model (COM), Windows kernel, graphics, and Bluetooth.

Would be useful to know in detail as probably it is some little bug in one or other of these that leads to people having problems.

Reaction score
Capture.PNG
Updates the build again. I havn't looked closely, but I think there are a couple of xtras in the settings also.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Got it on all my PCs but it hasn't hit my phone yet.

While the topic of this thread suggests that it is for PC and Mobile, I seem to be having a hard time finding any supporting information that includes "mobile".

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got it this morning, successfully. It went soooo smooth that MS wants me to have it again this afternoon.:confused:

Bif

Reaction score
Got it, installed without a burp...no longer am I maxing out CPU while watching HD video on Youtube..either by accident or by design has yet to be determined.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The only problem that I've discovered so far, was that for some reason the upgrade switched my default playback device from my speakers to my monitor.
Not sure why as both my monitors are identical, neither have buit in speakers, must have something to do with the HDMI on one and Display Port on the other connections.
I switched it back to my speakers and all is good.

Reaction score
yeah, been "updating" since last night, my ordeal started when I installed W7 clean install on an older laptop, the WU just wouldn't run, just like it was in Vista, well after a lot of messing around and researching on line, I did find the solution to the WU problem on 7, seems MS did some changes to the updater in newer KB's, well a clean install didn't have these "new KB's" so it wasn't able to use WU, but of course you HAD to have them to use the update, smirk, man.... anyway found you had to manually D/L 2 KB's as .msu files and install them, than it would at least go find the 500MG of updates :), so that took most the night till 2am, I can only have one system on and connected to my slow DSL at a time so the 2 W10 machines were off, well of course when I turned on the desktop around 8am, it started going through the usual updates. I also had a new NVIDIA driver that got D/L'ed, this thing took out the driver I had, and than wouldn't install, all I had was the windows driver and all that gave me the wrong resolution, lolol everything was all blown up on the screen, the settings were grayed out, and no way to "roll back", it took several tries, incl D/L the regular NVIDIA driver to finally at 4:30 to get it installed, but weird thing was even the regular driver didn't want to install, only after re trying the WU 3 more times it installed, checking the list it seemed it failed at least 6 times to install., so than went to the HP laptop w/w10, that took another couple hrs to get done. boy what fun this was.

So now I made my images all around so I can be at peace lolol...

Weird how you wait for this stuff on these "Tuesdays" now but stuff ends up showing up on Thursdays or Fridays now.

Reaction score
I re-check all my settings after every update, especially security and how updates are delivered. I've had settings mysteriously change (for the worst) after Windows Updates.

Bif

Reaction score
Interesting observation with this one unlike past updates where with each one I'd lose all my update history and system restore points .. this time they're all still there..
No settings have changed either..the bewilderment continues.

Reaction score
Yes! I forgot about the download history and restore points that the MS thief pilfered during my quiet time.

Ask a Question