No Internet Connection

Reaction score
I am having a big problem with my internet connection going down since I upgraded to Windows 10. It went down 4 times in the last hour and having to reboot to get it back is not the solution. Device Manager shows I have a Broadcom Netlink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet adapter. I have tried using the software update link for the adapter and it says I have the latest software but I am not sure if that is correct and I don't have a clue what driver I would need to update the adapter. I am not very tech savy so help or suggestions would be appreciated. When my internet connection goes down my WIFI connection is fine and I can connect to the internet with my mobile devices. Thanks for any help or advice. My current driver according to device manager is 15.6.1.2

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
That native Broadcom driver seems to be a problem.
Try replacing it with the appropriate driver from this page.
http://www.broadcom.com/support/?gid=12
NetLink® 57xx (32 bit) for 32 bit windows
NetLink® 57xx (x64) for 64 bit windows
Seemed to have helped this member here https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/internet-for-limited-time-only.940/#post-4438
Worse case.... if it doesn't help, go back to device manager and click the roll back driver button.

Thank for the tip. I download the zip file but have no idea how to install the files. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Extract it and then go to device manager.
  1. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  2. Choose Update Driver Software.
  3. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  4. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  5. Select Have disk...
  6. Select Browse..
  7. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  8. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
    That should pretty much cover it. Hope so.

Reaction score
Extract it and then go to device manager.
  1. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  2. Choose Update Driver Software.
  3. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  4. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  5. Select Have disk...
  6. Select Browse..
  7. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  8. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
    That should pretty much cover it. Hope so.
Downloaded the file and when I try to follow you directions no .inf file shows up. I looked in file manager and there is a file that says setup information but it does not have an .inf extension. It just says K57nd60a.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You need to extract the downloaded .zip file (you can use he native extractor although I prefer something like 7zip) and it should contain three files
a
.cat
.inf
.sys
The .inf file is the one

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I just did that for both the 32 and 64 bit versions once extracted they produce a folder called
win_k57_x64 (64 bit version)
win_k57_32 (32 bit version)
Inside these folders are the three files I'm talking about so that is the folder you will need to browse to.

Reaction score
Okay I copied them to a thumb drive and they updated. Lets keep our fingers crossed it will solve my internet connection problems. It did seem to install the Win32 drivers instead of the 64. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Almost none of that post makes sense to me.
I understand why you copied them to a thumbdrive but not the "and they updated" part.
A win32 driver is not going to work on a 64 bit system it has a different .sys file associated with the install
k57nd60x.sys 32 bit
k57nd60a.sys 64 bit
And as far as it solving the internet connection problem.... I hope so.

Reaction score
Sorry if my post was a bit confusing. I did download the 64 bit drivers. I guess I was confused because it showed the files in a win32 folder. I am not very tech savvy and for some reason I am getting no file extenuation details in file manager. Internet connection is still up which I hope is a good sign. See what happens when I do a reboot.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well, that's sounds positive at least for now.
It should survive a reboot or two.
The only problem you may run into is if Windows Updates decides that, that driver from Broadcom needs updating and installs its' own driver back. That will result in your problem coming back I suspect.
In which case, again.... you can go and roll back the driver.
I hope some of these hardware device manufacturers get on board and start producing effective drivers for Windows 10.
As far as files extensions being hidden.... that is the default condition of file explorer
You can change that by opening file explorer, selecting the View tab, drop down the options button select Change folder and search options, Select the View tab, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.

Reaction score
First I want to thank you for your patience. Internet connection is still up so lets hope that might have solved my connection drop issue. I assume it is a problem with the computer seeing the router because even when I lose the internet on my computer I can still connect with my mobile devices. Lots of other issues with the upgrade. I lost all my data in Quicken 2014 which does not seem to play nice with 10 and a bunch of other minor issues. I want to stick with 10 but if the internet problems persist I might have to go back to 7.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I lost all my data in Quicken 2014
Check and see if you have a Windows.OLD folder in the Root of C:\
Your data should still be there.
QuickBooks is a strange beast and it keeps those QBW files in different places depending on the version.
You might have to do a search of C or all your drives and partitions for *.qbw

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I had actually done a backup a few days ago before the update and for some reason Quicken would not restore the file. It wanted to do a conversion which was weird since it was a Quicken 2014 backup file. I just checked the Quicken forums and there is a note about Quicken 2015 might not be compatible with 10 so I assume 2014 would be the same. I have been using Quicken for years and I lost at least 10 years of data.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK but if you still have your QBW file(s) then it's not really lost.
You may have to transfer it to another computer (older version of Windows)
Import it or whatever.... Quicken is a bit out of my wheelhouse.

Reaction score
I actually have an old XP computer sitting in a closet and might break it out just to keep Quicken current until they come out with a fix or upgrade.

Reaction score
NetLink® 57xx (x64) for 64 bit windows.

Thank you for your post, Trouble! This solved my problem with the Broadcom Netlink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet Windows 10 driver. I wrote a post about it on my website and mentioned you and this post.
http://lucianwebservice.com/how-to-...nk-tm-gigabit-ethernet-windows-10-driver.html

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This solved my problem with the Broadcom Netlink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet Windows 10 driver.
Glad to hear that it worked for you.
And thanks for the link to and the link back on your site.

Reaction score
NetLink® 57xx (x64) for 64 bit windows
Seemed to have helped this member here https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/internet-for-limited-time-only.940/#post-4438
Worse case.... if it doesn't help, go back to device manager and click the roll back driver button.

Hello, unfortunatelly this doesnt work for me, I have even tried some other troubleshooting hints such as uninstalling adobe acrobat reader etc.

Wifi works without problem, but ethernet stops working cca after 30mins, reboot helps but who is gonna reboot every 30mins?

Ask a Question