Outlook is a disaster...HELP

Reaction score
Help....

Looks like a different version of OUTLOOK e-mail came to my WIN 10 overnight. This is the worst thing I've ever seen. All my old deleted e-mails came back and you can't DELETE them :eek: My DELETE file is empty because they go back into the IN file....... :rolleyes: I got deleted e-mails dated 2014:confused: What is going on????????

Help

Reaction score
When you say Outlook, do you mean the real Outlook? Also what year? If it is the real Outlook, go to Files and then Accounts. Find your account and check which data file you are connected to. It sounds like you are set to connect to an old data file.

Reaction score
'real Outlook' To me the 'real Outlook' is the one that comes as part of MS Office. If that appeared as part of an update from MS it should show in update history

Reaction score
When you say Outlook, do you mean the real Outlook? Also what year? If it is the real Outlook, go to Files and then Accounts. Find your account and check which data file you are connected to. It sounds like you are set to connect to an old data file.

It shows this - Outlook.live.com/...... It came with WIN 10 .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Then you are running the Mail that comes with Windows 10. Not the full version of Office. Which email account are your setup with? Your Microsoft one or another? There was an update of Outlook Live a couple of days ago.

I know you said it was deleted email but can you post a screenshot with your email address or other pertinent information blanked out?

Also it may sound ridiculous but is your email sort ascending or descending? If you somehow clicked on the sort order, you will see your old emails at the top. The reason I mention this is because I've had quite a few clients who have made this mistake.

Reaction score
Then you are running the Mail that comes with Windows 10. Not the full version of Office. Which email account are your setup with? Your Microsoft one or another? There was an update of Outlook Live a couple of days ago.

I know you said it was deleted email but can you post a screenshot with your email address or other pertinent information blanked out?

Also it may sound ridiculous but is your email sort ascending or descending? If you somehow clicked on the sort order, you will see your old emails at the top. The reason I mention this is because I've had quite a few clients who have made this mistake.

Latest e-mails come in top of older e-mails, older to the bottom. e-mail is (e-mail address removed)
This happened 2 days ago, 9-25-16. As I opened Outlook it ask how I liked the new changes. It ask for feed back, well I gave them a few choice words, probably won't help me now. All I did was just turn my computer on. Someone needs to tell Microsoft reverse what the did. o_O

Reaction score
Called Microsoft about the OUTLOOK e-mail and they took over my computer to try to fix it. They tried to do everything to fix it, but it still sends 1,000's of deleted e-mails to my IN box and DELETE file. They never seen this happen before and will contact me if they find a way...They did find out that it was the different OUTLOOK version that caused it.. :)

Ask a Question