Outlook Won't Open

Reaction score
Just bought new desktop and loaded with Windows 10. Outlook was working fine for two days, then nothing but spinning circle. Seems to be trying, but won't go all the way. Out of the blue. Everything was fine. Closed Outlook. Then opened a few minutes later to check something. It's been 16 hours and I could scream!

I'm not tech savvy; know enough to get in trouble. That said, some simple info on how to fix would likely be enough. Two things: I saw when I googled the problem quite a few others seem to have encountered this trouble, but didn't see any responses. Also, I have shut down and rebooted a few times, to no avail.

HELP.

Nicole G

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Can you manually check Windows Updates and see if there is anything pending or anything requiring a reboot.
Start Button -> Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates button
Can you manually launch the "Store" app
Near the top right of the app just to the left of the search box you should see an avatar representing you
Click that and then from the menu choose Downloads and updates
Then click the Check for updates button

Reaction score
This issue is related to bad synchronization with Windows Update. You can troubleshoot this problem manually along predefined path:
Start Button -> Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates button
I hope, you would be able to fix this problem adequately.

Reaction score
Try out the removing navigation pane customizations

If you are not aware of these follow the below steps to do so

• Open Windows+R
  • Then In the Run Command Box Type Outlook.exe /resetnavpane & click ok
Check if Outlook is not running in compatible mode. If you don’t know how to check follow the below steps for your reference

• Follow the path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 14\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 14\ on Outlook 2010 or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 15\
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 15\ for Outlook 2013.
  • Then Find Outlook.exe
  • Right-click on it & select properties then go to the compatibility tab
  • Uncheck all boxes that are checked & click ok
Let me know if the steps helped you or else I can help you with more possible options

Ask a Question