Prolific Usb to serial code 10

Reaction score
Hey all, upgraded from win 7 to win 10 and love it, but, my usb to serial adapter driver will not start the port, code 10.. please help if you can..

Reaction score
Indeed solved. Followed miklor's guide, albeit with interprepidation since it is an .exe.
Seems fine.

Been hounding this issue for years! Thanks Miklor ;-)

Reaction score
Indeed solved. Followed miklor's guide, albeit with interprepidation since it is an .exe.
Seems fine.

Been hounding this issue for years! Thanks Miklor ;-)
<<<STOP!!! NOT SOLVED>>

Nb on Windows 10 v1803 it keeps on blue screening my PC, get a message Stop Code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, a driver incompatibility issue, my advice DO NOT USE unless in a lab environement, no warning PC just blue screen dumps to MS then restarts, has happened 3-4 times, every 15 mins or so of use. This with driver v3.2.0.0!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try and update or rollback
the driver, back to where you were,
MS recently had some problems with usb ports. It is now fixed with an update. Check that your updates are current

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

Luckily I had a spare new one, I thought it was just a USB to RJ45 UPS bridge however on checking it out it stated it was a FTDI adapter, sweet little thing looks just like a lead, USB one side RJ45 the other side. Pluggged it in ... played, straight away.

This one here:

FTDI here:

Life's to short... ;-) Thanks for offering your support buddy. Sorted on this one now. Ditching the old adaptor.

Cheers
Paul

Reaction score
thank you so much, going back to the older version worked.. thanks again..
Could you be kind and mark the thread as solved. There is a double posting here - both solved, so it can avoid confusion

Reaction score
Could you be kind and mark the thread as solved. There is a double posting here - both solved, so it can avoid confusion
NOT SOLVED!

Hi Tomerhardt, the suggested solution is unsatisfactory.

The previous driver offering repeatedly blue-screened my system and risked causing major damage, unfortunately...
I simply binned the adaptor for a modern one.

Best regards

Reaction score
ok I was suggesting it was solved for the thread initiator!! Or, at worst, he had a solution.

Ask a Question