right click start button menu color

Reaction score
Had a buddy pick up a laptop (W10 home) (lavono) he needed some assistance with setting up his web connection WIFI, when I was messing around with things I did a rfi9ght mouse click on the start menu where the other items are, and found it was "white" background with black lettering??

I was wondering how to set this? I have the black background with white lettering (W10 Pro) is this the way it is for the different versions home vs pro, or is there a setting to change this? I'd rather have the background white with black lettering

Yes I know about the personal settings and the colors thing, and the items to check, but nothing seems to change that one area as far as I can see. There's no white color to choose on my list of colors anyway.

Reaction score
It is a black background on My Windows 10 Home and I was led to believe you can not change it. I would like to but black is good too.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I believed it switched from White to Black when it went from 10240 to 10586

Reaction score
It is not possible, at the moment, to select a range of colours, but you can change from white to black, and the converse, by switching on tor off the high contrast.

Settings - Ease of access - High contrast.

Reaction score
It is not possible, at the moment, to select a range of colours, but you can change from white to black, and the converse, by switching on tor off the high contrast.

Settings - Ease of access - High contrast.

tried that too, but it hoses up my desktop theme, and doesn't look good at all. I can live with the black but would rather have the white, like usually ALL menus look. Strange that this can't be customized in personal settings though. I could dig into the registry and find it there and maybe change some stuff, but not into all that anymore at my old age :)

Ask a Question