SOLVED RSAT won't install

Reaction score
Hi all

So RSAT was finally released to us today and I downloaded with haste. I ran the install, which finished quite quickly but the "Remoter Server Administration Tools" Section wasn't there in the Windows Features selection window. So I rebooted, still nothing. So I went to try and uninstall the update and it didn't show up in the list of installed updates. So I ran the update again, this time launching the MSU from an app with administrative rights, just in case. Again it installs very quickly, too quickly but still nothing.

So I did upgrade from Win 8.1 Ent to Win 10 Ent. I did have the RSAT tools installed on Win 8.1.

Any one else having this?

Reaction score
You need to have the English (United States) Language Pack installed

You can install it through Region & Language, Add a Language, English, English (United States)

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm really struggling to install that language pack. Here's the settings page I have. I'm on a corporate network with a proxy server and I think it's struggling to download the language pack, it did say "Downloading" for a while then it went like this:

Languages.PNG

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Depending on your licensing I would say it is because you are only licensed to have one language pack installed. Remove English United Kingdom, then click Options when selecting the United States language pack. On the next screen, click Download

Reaction score
I'm also behind a NTLM authenticated proxy and it downloaded OK for me.
If you press "Options" it should show you Download buttons for MUI/Keyboard/Speech/Handwriting.

If you want to do it manually;
Download http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._61b16f24f0f24b836c3f3ec53f76d0a90f2e8d89.cab
Run "lpksetup" from a command line and step through the Wizard, browse to the file when prompted

As far as installing the .CAB file I get the following error, it seems that CAB file was for build 9926 and doesn't work on the RTM build of Windows 10. I did find this earlier and even tried the CAB file that you linked but it's the same one. No RTM .cab files yet.
:
Languages3.PNG

Which might point to what Sean said, but I'll get to that

As far as download buttons go I don't see them, they are gone:

Languages4.PNG

Depending on your licensing I would say it is because you are only licensed to have one language pack installed. Remove English United Kingdom, then click Options when selecting the United States language pack. On the next screen, click Download

I here what you say, I do know about the single language editions of Windows but this is the full Enterprise edition, as you can see below:

Languages5.PNG

Reaction score
So I did find a .CAB file for the 10061 MUI pack for EN-US, but it also fails to install.
As far as installing the .CAB file I get the following error, it seems that CAB file was for build 9926 and doesn't work on the RTM build of Windows 10. I did find this earlier and even tried the CAB file that you linked but it's the same one. No RTM .cab files yet.
:
Languages3.PNG

Which might point to what Sean said, but I'll get to that

As far as download buttons go I don't see them, they are gone:

Languages4.PNG

I here what you say, I do know about the single language editions of Windows but this is the full Enterprise edition, as you can see below:

Languages5.PNG

I had the same issue as you, removing the English UK language completely allowed me to install the English United States language pack. Once installed, I was able to install the RSAT msu. Then re-installed the English UK language pack. It's worth giving a try..

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Installed the new update on 8/19 and still the same result. Doesn't show up in installed updates and RSAT doesn't show up in windows features. Very frustrating.

Reaction score
I had the same issue as you, removing the English UK language completely allowed me to install the English United States language pack. Once installed, I was able to install the RSAT msu. Then re-installed the English UK language pack. It's worth giving a try..
So you can't remove it if it's the only language pack installed. I have tried to remove it after the EN-US pack in "installed" but that doesn't remove it as the Windows Display Language. Also I don't get the option to download the En-US Windows Display pack when I add EN-US.

Edit: So when I, reboot then go into the languages section, I see that it's trying to "Search Windows Update for the Language components" but it gets no where and then gives up until I reboot again. I suspect my corporate network may be hindering me here.

Last edited:

Ask a Question