SOLVED Runtime Error

Reaction score
Ever since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, every time I log on I get the same Runtime Error message as follows
ProgramC:\WINDOWS\System32\ATIBTMON-exe saying that this applications has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

I click the OK button and it goes away and everything appears to be working fine, but this message is a repeated annoyance.

Reaction score
Can't tell you how to get rid of the annoyance easily but this site may well help you in layman's terms, click on the link and give it a go!

System32
A required Microsoft Windows system directory, the Windows System32 directory is often located in either C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Winnt\system32. Often, many Microsoft Windows error messages will contain the system32 directory because many of the system files Windows uses to run are stored in this directory. By itself, the System32 directory will not cause any errors, unless it is missing, of course.

Tip: If you are getting an error related to a file in the System32 directory, search the Computer Hope site for that file name. Our site may have some information and tips for helping fix the error.

Reaction score
Ever since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, every time I log on I get the same Runtime Error message as follows
ProgramC:\WINDOWS\System32\ATIBTMON-exe saying that this applications has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

I click the OK button and it goes away and everything appears to be working fine, but this message is a repeated annoyance.

I'm having the same issue!!?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That's the Brightness Monitor program for your ATI video card.
Have you check to see if there is a driver update for your Video Card either from your computer manufacturer or from AMD?

Reaction score
windows 10 is horrible... In about 2 months you're going to have to pay a couple hundred dollars to keep windows 10... 10 is still in the early stages so there's a lot of bugs and glitches in it... Constantly and consistently damages the computer which is why you're receiving that error... There will be many more errors to come... I would suggest reverting back to Windows 7 with the new installation of it so you don't have to pay a couple hundred dollars to keep windows 10

Runtime errors really depend on exactly what corrupted formatted installation or the registry files can be infected or the folders that are embedded the Hyundai OS system so I would have to diagnose it first in order to see why or where that run time error is coming from

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OH..... well then never mind.
I was preparing to answer your how do I do that question but have now decided perhaps I won't waste anymore of your time.

Reaction score
windows 10 is horrible... In about 2 months you're going to have to pay a couple hundred dollars to keep windows 10... 10 is still in the early stages so there's a lot of bugs and glitches in it... Constantly and consistently damages the computer which is why you're receiving that error... There will be many more errors to come... I would suggest reverting back to Windows 7 with the new installation of it so you don't have to pay a couple hundred dollars to keep windows 10

Runtime errors really depend on exactly what corrupted formatted installation or the registry files can be infected or the folders that are embedded the Hyundai OS system so I would have to diagnose it first in order to see why or where that run time error is coming from

1.This is wrong in so many factors. The upgrade is free as long as you have it installed from appropriate system.
2. To solve this issue, simply you have to open the AMD App and navigate to Power then untick the Vari-Bright option. This should work if you have a laptop.

Reaction score

The above is not from me, it's from a computer person that i asked & it is their opinion. It's not necessarily mine.
I just copied & pasted what they told me..

Reaction score
Where do i find this??

simply you have to open the AMD App and navigate to Power then untick the Vari-Bright option. This should work if you have a laptop.

Ask a Question