Scanning & Printing documents

Reaction score
Is there any way to scan a document and not have it filed page by page but as a complete document?

Also when I tried to print a multi-page document, 2 pages to a sheet it printed pages on single pages with the evens printed upside down to the odds. Could it have something to do with the fact that my printer is 10+ years old but doing nicely thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is there any way to scan a document and not have it filed page by page but as a complete document?
Generally the scanning software program will have a check box or radio button to select when scanning multi-page documents to......"prompt for additional pages" or words to that affect.
I believe that even Windows Fax and Scan has a check box to "scan images as separate files" or something like that.
Could it have something to do with the fact that my printer is 10+ years old
Possibly..... IF this printer does not have a current driver / software package to support its' features and functions, then Windows 10 may be defaulting to a generic driver which may be less that optimal for your purposes.
You might check with the Printer manufacturer and see what they might have in the way of recent full featured software for your particular device.

Reaction score
All the scan programs I have used for years now have a scan pages into one document switch somewhere. MS Fax and scan does and that can deal with most simple Twain scanners.

As for the printing does the printer software have a 'duplex' control? Or a 'print on both sides of the paper' control That would usually have options for how it is done. Even without that, Word has all those options built in although on a simple non-duplex printer it may be a bit slow as either you have to re-insert a single sheet each time or use the collating option and print all the odds, reinsert the whole set of pages and print all the evens.

I am surprised you can still get ink for a 10 year old printer ( unless it is a real HP laserjet).

Ask a Question