Two New Updates

Reaction score
two new updates :

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176934)
Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176936)

Winver now : Version : 1607 (OS Build 14393.82)

Reaction score
What is Microsoft pushing (hawking) today by updates? On this PC desktop... Wndows 10 PRO. according to "winver" (OS Build 14393.82) it went ok. No problems installing. On my other HP desktop with Windows 10 HOME, things are not so good. I showed that I had to "restart" the computer, which I have done. And with that it where the troubles are...the "wirley bird" in running in circles on the monitor and has for about two hours now....I would guess it is trying to do the same update as on the PC with Pro.
BTW. Both of these computers have had the Windows 10 Anniversary updates.

Bif

Reaction score
Does anyone have the poop on what's in these ones?...fixing issues or adding to the existing ones?..or flying blind?

On second thought, I don't want to know ;-)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
KB3176936 is called a "Servicing Stack" update.
The servicing stack includes the files and resources that are required to service a Windows image. This includes the Package Manager executable, the required servicing libraries, and other resources. The servicing stack is included in all Windows installations.
You cannot install a package that requires a later version of the servicing stack. If the required version of the servicing stack is not present, an error message will appear and the package will not be installed.
For a list of the files that are provided in this cumulative update, download the file information for cumulative update 3176936.
Big Comma Separated Value (spreadsheet). looks to be a lot of files involved.

Reaction score
I had nothing but issues with it. It borked IE on one PC and Edge on the other (I did fix both after a couple hours). It also broke my homegroup, which after 4 hours last night still isn't fixed. I can still access the PC's on my network the regular way though, which is fine for now.

Ask a Question