user accounts missing: windows 10 home

Reaction score
we upgraded to windows 10 with the free home, at first all the accounts were working. Then with this last auto upgrade one of my user accounts disappeared, a new account showed up and has a password. Even after the password reset it still will not work.
" lusrmgr.msc" does not work, and the account is not under manage accounts but it is in the c:/users
Please HELP!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
one of my user accounts disappeared, a new account showed up
It's possible that you may have inadvertently associated a former local user account with your microsoft account.
and has a password
Do you know the password? Is it you MS account / email password?

IF the "missing" account's profile folder is still present in C:\Users, it might be a good idea to check the last modified date to determine if it is being used daily / hourly as that might indicate that the new account is actually the old account.

Reaction score
It's possible that you may have inadvertently associated a former local user account with your microsoft account.

IF the "missing" account's profile folder is still present in C:\Users, it might be a good idea to check the last modified date to determine if it is being used daily / hourly as that might indicate that the new account is actually the old account.

i cant get in to the new account it is password protected and when i reset it through using my gmail it resets the primary account not the new account.

i may have inadvertently associated a former local user account with your microsoft account. but i dont know how or when or how to undo it.

Ask a Question