Win 10 anniversary log in problem.

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Just did the anniversary update for Win 10, and have one problem, so far. I use to be able to either start the windows, or wake it up and go right to the program. Now I can start it when off, but when waking it up I had some kind of background screen that I had to click on, then log in the log in screen. I managed with much searching on the internet, to get rid of the odd background screen, but can't get rid of having to click on the log in button. I tried changing the login app's name as suggested, and that didn't work. I can boot up and not have the log on button problem, Have read about a reg edit that might fix it, but haven't tried that yet.

Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Maddad,

That sounds like a Screen Saver setting to me:
  • Click Start > Settings > Personalization
  • Then in left pane click Lock screen
  • Then in right pane scroll to bottom and click Screen saver settings
  • In window that opens remove check next to On resume, display logon screen and click OK

Reaction score
Hi Maddad,

That sounds like a Screen Saver setting to me:
  • Click Start > Settings > Personalization
  • Then in left pane click Lock screen
  • Then in right pane scroll to bottom and click Screen saver settings
  • In window that opens remove check next to On resume, display logon screen and click OK
I had already did that. Box is unchecked, etc.
Thanks though.

Reaction score
I also have that plus my name comes up in the bottom left corner as though I have two sign in pages and have done the "netplwiz" which I still have to sign in , driving me up the wall. This btw is on a new installation as had to have new HDD. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I've tried everything suggested here and elsewhere. I still get the sigh-in screen, and just have to click on it to get to the main page. My laptop was updated also, and I don't have to do the sign-in stuff???

Ask a Question