Windows 10 Installation Error code: 0x800706BE-0x90016

Reaction score
I am unable to install WIN10 from WIN7 due to above error. Can anyone help? Also is Microsoft support available for this? Thanks

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Cavelcante,

It would help to know a few things first:
  1. Have you downloaded a Windows 10 ISO and are trying to install from this?
  2. Are you attempting to install from an automatic download via Windows Update?
  3. Or, are you using a Windows 10 DVD?

Regarding your error message. The 0x800706BE portion of error generally is telling you there is a Driver Conflict.

I assume you still have Windows 7 installed and running for now, so you can try the following:
  • Press Winkey + R
  • Type devmgmt.msc
  • Click OK (or press enter key)
In your Device Manager view your various hardware and other components installed. Do any have a Yellow or Red symbol by them (indication a driver issue?). If they do then do the following:
  • Right click on this item and select Properties
  • Click on the Driver tab
  • Click Update Driver

Alternatively you can go to Manufacturer Website of your computer/laptop and check whether there are updates there for drivers.

At this stage I am not aware of an official Fix from Microsoft for the full Error Code you posted.

If you did download an ISO file it is possible you got an incompatible one for your system, or the download itself was corrupted.

You could try downloading it again from here:

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question