Windows 10 - Password after sleep

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

Just upgraded to Windows 10 and found out that my computer which was setup with a "password after sleep" does not require any longer any password after sleep without me changing anything on the setup. How is this possible? Did I miss something in the upgrading process?
Moreover, when I try to check and validate the windows 10 setup regarding the use of passwords it seems everything is correct on the screen but not changeable. Options are like "frozen".
I would appreciate some input here.
Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.

power.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did check the above setup and everything seems to be correct as my "password on wakeup" is setup with yes. However when the computer wakes up after sleep it still does not require a password which is in contraction with the setup.

Reaction score
There are a lot of people that want your problem. A bunch of us cannot get windows to stop asking for a password on wakeup. If you figure out how you got your computer to suspend the password requirement, please share. Likewise, if I figure out why I can't get windows to stop asking us for a password, I'll pass the word along.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did check the above setup and everything seems to be correct as my "password on wakeup" is setup with yes. However when the computer wakes up after sleep it still does not require a password which is in contraction with the setup.

Welcome to the club. XPS 8700 8.1 to 10, same problem, even tried forcing ctrl-alt-del through netplwiz, and while that does give me the ctrl-alt-del screen, which works normally on boot, but still no pw required on wake. Solution = selecting sleep by going to Start>Power>Sleep, which does cause pw to be required on wake-up. Seen a variety of suggestions, including registry hacks, but nothing that works. Nothing from Dell or Costco's Concierge service. My Win 10 is a clean install, btw. I even tried a different video card thinking about drivers, but no go. I'm sure msoft will issue a patch without acknowledgement of any problem. Just wait!

Reaction score
Just the opposite here. Sleep and password settings do not work. Even though they are set for "do not sleep when plugged in" the computer falls asleep after 60 seconds. I must constantly mess with the touchpad to keep it awake. AND every time it goes to sleep I have to use a password to wake it. In the settings I have it set to not use a password on wakeup. Acer Aspire V laptop automatically upgraded to windows 10 over about a 10 month process.

Ask a Question