Windows 10 Settings

Reaction score
On my Windows 10 laptop Settings Options there is a line at top of pages stating that some of my settings are controlled by my Organiztion? This is my personal laptop, my Windows 10 Operating System is upgraded through the Windows 8 Pro 64/32 Disc Set I purchased from the Windows Online Store, and my Internet ISP is an account in my personal name. For these reasons I am confused by this recurring reference as it keeps me from fully controlling my devices and settings. Thanks for your help in this matter.

Reaction score
see the link below : but for Step 1 read - in your Taskbar search, Type in gpedit.msc and right-click the app from the search results. Choose Run as Administrator from the context menu.

How to fix 'Some settings are managed by your organization' message in Windows 10 :- http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-fix-so...-your-organization-message-windows-10-1521281
Hi BretWin10: This link's steps do not produce the options listed so its not clear how to correct this or if this information is somehow being blocked or filtered on my end. The option to Run as Administrator no longer accepts my established Administrator Login Password that did work until recently. There are many alterations that are apparent and seem to be happening daily, at the very least. I can't reset to factory, have limited settings controls, etc.

Another major sign something is very wrong is that even though I used my Windows 8.1 Pro Disc 64 bit version to install the OS that this Windows 10 Upgrade originated from, the only options of anything on my device now is limited to Windows 32 bit, and/or Windows 86, and or Windows NT are the only files showing in my User, or System Files and settings. Also these are all Build Versions that are not listed on my 64/32 bit Windows 8.1 Pro Discs that I purchased directly from MS Online Store. Unfortunately my warrunty has expired but this does not explain why Windows 10, 32 and 86 bits are the only options this Upgrade shows as being installed.

Another clue is the Environmental Variable settings that show only Windows 32 and 86 options as being what is installed. The only 64 bit references are in the Computer Information General Settings page and the System Files that are Read Only, and most deny my access to even read or view them now that my Administrator Password is being rejected. I see in these Forum Postings that several others are having these same issues.
Appreciate your input and would be grateful for anyone else who might know what to do or where to find more information or solutions to these very concerning security breeches, or so they appear to be from what Ive been able learn so far. Use of my laptop is neither fun, nor productive in its current insecure state! Thanks again BretWin10 and in advance to anyone else who knows anything about what's going on here:)

Ask a Question