Windows Live Mail 2012

Reaction score
I have a HP Pavillion which is 2 months old which came with Windows 10 preloaded. I downloaded Windows Live Mail 2012 as my main email provider. I haven't imported any of my old emails from my previous laptop which was Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail 2011 as WLM 2012 repeatedly says Windows Live Mail (not responding) and gets greyed out and I am unable to open or reply or forward any email. Sometimes even closing it and restarting won't even work.

It's very annoying now. I never had this problem with WLM 2011 on my other laptop.

Thank you in advance for any help

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Lynne,

Unfortunately at the moment there are three known issues with the Windows Live Essentials Mail update KB3093594

The first update was offered last year and after reports of issues, Microsoft re-released KB3093594 on December 17, 2015 (This was to address the known issue at the time).

Unfortunately a further issue arose and as of 1 February 2016 the re-released update was withdrawn.

Microsoft are aware and are working on resolving the bugs.

You can keep an eye on the official site for this issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3093594

There Microsoft will periodically release news on their progress; although I suspect they will seek volunteers to trial any new patch before making a full access release available.

There is also an unofficial site monitoring progress on this issue located within the Microsoft Community, located here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2/03dcc533-6e6b-429a-93aa-3aacddd208c9?auth=1

I am using Windows Live Essentials 2011 on my Windows 10 and have no issues at all with it. If you have the installation file for that from your old computer it may be worth your while uninstalling Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012, then installing the 2011 edition instead.

Note! I'm not sure about the licensing on this particular product so before doing that it would pay to contact Microsoft to check this is OK to do.

Other moderators or guests on this site may know too; so keep an eye on this thread for other posts.

If I become aware of a fix to your issue I'll update on this thread.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
As Regedit says. There were/are no issues with WLM 2012. The only issue, which is referred to on different pages, and in different cpntexts, was the upgrade, which was posted erroneously, and subsequently withdrawn by MS.
Uo may have accidentally incorporated this "fix", during your upgrade. I have used WLM since its inception, and have never had a single issue with it.
Try an uninstall and then an install.

Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies. My old laptop with WLM 2011 on it is also running Windows 10, I did the free download of it. I will see if there is anyway I can get WLM 2011 to run on this new HP Pavillion as 2012 is seriously doing my head in.

Reaction score
Sorry but I am not that computer literate... so have to ask would that emclient work with the email address I have? It's an address which has my own domain name and is only used for emails... does emclient work on the same basis as Windows Live Mail. WLM is getting worse and worse by the day. I have searched Google and it is still possible to get WLM 11.

Reaction score
Yes, it should. EMclient seems to work with POP, IMAP and Exchange servers. I have tested it with Gmail and Outlook.

Alan

Reaction score
Thank you both, I shall give it a go after I have contacted Microsoft and told them of my displeasure.

Reaction score
They will not be interested, As I said, they long ago issued a statement that windows live mail was no longer supported.

Reaction score
They will not be interested, As I said, they long ago issued a statement that windows live mail was no longer supported.
Oh I never realised you had said that. While I don't have too many received or sent ones saved at the moment, now is the time to try and download and install either WLM11 or emclient.

Reaction score
WLM 2012 works great for me. If you are used to it, I think your should persevere and try and get it working for you - Just my thoughts.

Reaction score
I would like to continue with it, if the message... Windows Live Mail (not responding) didn't keep appearing. My brain is a bit frazzled at the moment, so finding it hard to concentrate fully on finding an answer.

Reaction score
OK. Your first post said 2010 was not responding.
I think, for starters, you should begin at stage onw.

Uninstall all instances of WLM.
Download from my link, and reinstall WLM (Only the Mail)

Post back.

Reaction score
OK. Your first post said 2010 was not responding.
I think, for starters, you should begin at stage onw.

Uninstall all instances of WLM.
Download from my link, and reinstall WLM (Only the Mail)

Post back.
Do you mean I said 2011 was working ok and not 2010?

Reaction score
Sorry, Yes Typo. But we are both wrong. We are talking about 2012 here, now. (Your first post)
"WLM 2012 repeatedly says Windows Live Mail (not responding)"

Ask a Question