WLan + Bluetooth Modules Atheros AR5B22 driver

Reaction score
I was using WLan + Bluetooth Modules Atheros AR5B22 driver for my Bluetooth, after installing Windows 10 it vanished of my Acer Aspire TimelineU laptop. Try to install drivers again but no luck don't want to work on Windows 10

Please assist me in this matter

Attachments

• Bluetooth.JPG
    Bluetooth.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 4,418

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Helena and welcome to the forum.
Both the Windows 8.1 (32 and 64 bit drivers) are contained in the package found at this link....
https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=76&system=8
Download and extract them to a new folder on your desktop and install it manually.

Driver Install - Manual Method

1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  3. Choose Update Driver Software.
  4. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  5. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Select Have disk...
  7. Select Browse..
  8. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file (athwb.inf = 32 bit and athwbx.inf = 64 bit make sure you choose the right one for your system architecture)
  9. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
Although they are for Windows 8 they should work for Windows 10, at least according to what I've been able to determine based on some quick researching.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work, there is no Bluetooth device in my Device Manager any more, it is a gonner so I can't Update the driver software of the bluetooth

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try using the View option from the menu bar and selecting "Show hidden devices"
Confirm that it is not listed under Other devices as a problem device or perhaps one of the other categories, maybe software devices.

Reaction score
My Acer V5-531 Bluetooth driver was disabled by Windows 10 - it was working for a while (one day) after up-grading from Win 7, but then I got a message in the Action Centre that my driver was being disabled because it wasn't compatible with Win 10. It was working but Win 10 stopped me, so I'm a little bit grumpy. After reviewing the above, I went to this link, - https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=76&system=8 - as shown above, and could not find a driver for a AR5B22 WLAN + Bluetooth module. This is an "unofficial" site, and appears to be incomplete, possibly not legitimate.
- Is there an actual site for Atheros modules?
- Should I be talking to Acer?

On a side note, I found that under network Adapters, the AR5B22 module is listed, and the device driver is shown as working. Following the links to update the driver, I wasn't given a driver download, because I was told I already have the latest driver. I assume this means that the driver for Bluetooth portion of the module is also working. Doesn't seem likely that there are two sets of drivers for one module.

So, I could uninstall the WLAN module and the reinstall ath driver, except that as mentioned above, I can't find an AR5B22 driver. How do I get the driver for this module?

Edit 10 minutes later: On rereading the device manager, I see that the module is AR5BWB222. I'll start over looking for a driver at the above site.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Further to above post, I found the driver for module AR5BWB222, and installed it as above. The result was that the driver was installed successfully (Ver10.0.0.329), but received the following information in Events:

Device PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034&SUBSYS_E052105B&REV_01\4&5a6af0d&0&00E3 requires further installation.

Don't have a clue what this means. What can I do now?

Reaction score
My Acer V5-531 Bluetooth driver was disabled by Windows 10 - it was working for a while (one day) after up-grading from Win 7, but then I got a message in the Action Centre that my driver was being disabled because it wasn't compatible with Win 10. It was working but Win 10 stopped me, so I'm a little bit grumpy. After reviewing the above, I went to this link, - https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=76&system=8 - as shown above, and could not find a driver for a AR5B22 WLAN + Bluetooth module. This is an "unofficial" site, and appears to be incomplete, possibly not legitimate.
- Is there an actual site for Atheros modules?
- Should I be talking to Acer?

On a side note, I found that under network Adapters, the AR5B22 module is listed, and the device driver is shown as working. Following the links to update the driver, I wasn't given a driver download, because I was told I already have the latest driver. I assume this means that the driver for Bluetooth portion of the module is also working. Doesn't seem likely that there are two sets of drivers for one module.

So, I could uninstall the WLAN module and the reinstall ath driver, except that as mentioned above, I can't find an AR5B22 driver. How do I get the driver for this module?

Edit 10 minutes later: On rereading the device manager, I see that the module is AR5BWB222. I'll start over looking for a driver at the above site.

'Copithorne' I can appreciate the difficulty of obtaining a driver for any Atheros card, either for a Wireless and/or a Bluetooth 1/2-PCIe card. The link that you provided above doesn’t work anymore, this is the new and the ‘Unofficial Atheros Drivers’ page (and it’s got all the Atheros drivers) and all the drivers for the ‘AR9462-AR5B22’ Bluetooth for Windows 8/8.1 32/64bit, https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-nr-267-for-atheros-AR9462-and-Windows8.html File Name-bt-8.0.1.314-win7881.zip they don’t have a Windows 10 driver for the Bluetooth. They also have the ‘Wireless Driver’ for the ‘AR9462-AR5B22’ and Windows 10 32/64bit, https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-for-Atheros-chipset-with-id-76-and-Windows10-64bit.html File Name-win10-10.0.0.355-whql.zip

Try these drivers as they worked for me on my Windows 10 Pro, Version-1709, OS Build-16299.192. I’ve just upgraded my 1/2-PCIe WLAN card to the ‘AR9462-AR5B22’ for the 5 GHz and Bluetooth 4.0 HS (as I didn't have Bluetooth) on my Aspire 5750-2414G50Mkk and I’ve also upgraded my CPU from the i52410M to the 2540M with the 3000 HD graphics, the HDD I've upgraded to an SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, this laptop has 8GB of RAM and all these changes have made this 7 years old laptop 'Super Fast' and it keeps up with anything that Windows 10 Pro requires except for gaming, as the Intel 3000 HD graphics are very very basic, to improve the graphics, I would have to change the mainboard. Good luck and I hope that all this has helped you and everyone. Cheers

Reaction score
Further to above post, I found the driver for module AR5BWB222, and installed it as above. The result was that the driver was installed successfully (Ver10.0.0.329), but received the following information in Events:

Device PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034&SUBSYS_E052105B&REV_01\4&5a6af0d&0&00E3 requires further installation.

Don't have a clue what this means. What can I do now?

No wonder it didn't work, its the wrong module driver for the ‘AR9462' the module for this card is the 'AR5B22’. See above for all details of the Wireless driver and Bluetooth driver. This is the AR9462 that I have put into my Aspire 575--2414.
$_57.jpg
$_57.jpg
$_572.jpg
$_57.jpg
$_572.jpg
$_57.jpg
$_572.jpg
$_57.jpg $_572.jpg

Reaction score
Hello Helena and welcome to the forum.
Both the Windows 8.1 (32 and 64 bit drivers) are contained in the package found at this link....
https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=76&system=8
Download and extract them to a new folder on your desktop and install it manually.

Driver Install - Manual Method

1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  3. Choose Update Driver Software.
  4. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  5. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Select Have disk...
  7. Select Browse..
  8. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file (athwb.inf = 32 bit and athwbx.inf = 64 bit make sure you choose the right one for your system architecture)
  9. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
Although they are for Windows 8 they should work for Windows 10, at least according to what I've been able to determine based on some quick researching.

If you can't see it in 'Device Manager' then the driver is corrupted or your card is faulty. To make sure the software is not at fault, uninstall the software...go to>Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a program> and go down to 'Q' and see if 'Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Suite (64)' is installed. If it is, right click the program and click 'Uninstall' this will uninstall the program and then reinstall the program again (see my notes below for the new driver and link to the latest driver), if this doesn't work then your 1/2 PCIe AR5B22 card is faulty or not installed correctly because Windows 10 works with this software and Bluetooth. Hope this helps

Attachments

• Programs Install & Uninstall - Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Suite 64-Ver 8.0.1.314.JPG
    Programs Install & Uninstall - Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Suite 64-Ver 8.0.1.314.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 2,017
Reaction score
Another thing to do is to make sure that the 'Bluetooth' is enabled in 'Services' on your computer.
Services
Press> ‘Windows key + R’
in ‘Run’ type> services.msc
Press> Enter

Double-Click> ‘Bluetooth Support Services’ the ‘Startup type’ properties should be disabled or stopped by default.
in> ‘Startup type’ select ‘Automatic’

Click> on ‘Start’ button below, in that property window.
Click> Apply
Click> Okay

Note – Do the above on ‘Bluetooth Handsfree Services’ also – this enables ‘Wireless Bluetooth Headsets’ to run on your computer. If this service is ‘Disabled’ your Bluetooth headsets won’t function properly on your computer.

Reaction score
You do realize your replying to a 2 1/2 year old post and nobody but you is in this thread.
If it helps one person then I've done my job, that is what the internet is for! Not everyone has the latest equipment and/or knows everything.

Reaction score
If it helps one person then I've done my job, that is what the internet is for! Not everyone has the latest equipment and/or knows everything.

i have the same problem in my Acer Aspir V3-471
BT Model AR5B22
it happen to me after Win 10 please help

Reaction score
I was using WLan + Bluetooth Modules Atheros AR5B22 driver for my Bluetooth, after installing Windows 10 it vanished of my Acer Aspire TimelineU laptop. Try to install drivers again but no luck don't want to work on Windows 10

Please assist me in this matter

As I've indicated above, go to this site and download the Wireless driver and Bluetooth driver separately, these are two separate drivers. The site is at this link: https://www.ath-drivers.eu/atheros-wireless-drivers.html

Reaction score
As an addition to my post above, your AR5B22 works with the Wireless/Bluetooth drivers for the AR9462 which is a Single-chip, 2.4/5 GHz, 2-stream / 802.11a/b/g/n and BT 4.0 + HS SoC, 1/2 pci card that will work and is similar to your Acer Aspire V3-471 laptops AR5B22 modem. You can download the Win-10 64bit drivers from these links:
Btw, the Bluetooth driver is only available for Win-8.1 but it works fine with Win-10!

Wireless: https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-nr-343-for-atheros-AR9462-and-Windows10.html (With this link, go to "Download AR9463/10-10.0.3.456" and follow the download links)
Bluetooth: https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-for-Atheros-chipset-with-id-78-and-Windows10-64bit.html

1. To update your 'Wireless driver' go to 'Device Manager'>Network adaptors>Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network Adaptor>right click on it > select 'Update Drivers' and go and insert the unzipped folder of your downloaded 'win10-10.0.3.456' driver and update.
2. With the Bluetooth 'bt-10.0.3.14-win1064.zip' its the same, unzip it and then do as for the Wireless driver.

Btw, this is what I use for my Acer Aspire 5750/2414 laptop which I have replaced with the 'AR9462' WiFi/Bluetooth card from its original that was a 2.4G and had no Bluetooth' these drivers work perfectly for the AR5B22, try them and let us know as they should work on your laptop. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reaction score
i have the same problem in my Acer Aspir V3-471
BT Model AR5B22
it happen to me after Win 10 please help
See my reply and download those drivers, as it will solve your problem. Hope it helps, regards.

Reaction score
As an addition to my post above, your AR5B22 works with the Wireless/Bluetooth drivers for the AR9462 which is a Single-chip, 2.4/5 GHz, 2-stream / 802.11a/b/g/n and BT 4.0 + HS SoC, 1/2 pci card that will work and is similar to your Acer Aspire V3-471 laptops AR5B22 modem. You can download the Win-10 64bit drivers from these links:
Btw, the Bluetooth driver is only available for Win-8.1 but it works fine with Win-10!

Wireless: https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-nr-343-for-atheros-AR9462-and-Windows10.html (With this link, go to "Download AR9463/10-10.0.3.456" and follow the download links)
Bluetooth: https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-for-Atheros-chipset-with-id-78-and-Windows10-64bit.html

1. To update your 'Wireless driver' go to 'Device Manager'>Network adaptors>Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network Adaptor>right click on it > select 'Update Drivers' and go and insert the unzipped folder of your downloaded 'win10-10.0.3.456' driver and update.
2. With the Bluetooth 'bt-10.0.3.14-win1064.zip' its the same, unzip it and then do as for the Wireless driver.

Btw, this is what I use for my Acer Aspire 5750/2414 laptop which I have replaced with the 'AR9462' WiFi/Bluetooth card from its original that was a 2.4G and had no Bluetooth' these drivers work perfectly for the AR5B22, try them and let us know as they should work on your laptop. Hope this helps

Shall i do it for both? * WiFi and Bluetooth*
Because my WiFi is working fine

Reaction score
Shall i do it for both? * WiFi and Bluetooth*
Because my WiFi is working fine

Yes, update both of them, with the method above (as I've described) as I forgot to tell you above, that the links to those drivers are the 'New Win-10 drivers' the Bluetooth is the v10.0.3.14 - 12/03/2018 and the WiFi is the v10.0.3.456 - 20/09/2017 both of them have been updated to the latest Win-10 and are the latest drivers for both 'WiFi & Bluetooth' so do it for both. I also had to update my 'WiFi & Bluetooth Drivers' with the drivers that I've given you above in that link, as my WiFi driver was an old one for Win-10 and the Bluetooth was only for Win-8.1. Your WiFi old driver is an obsolete WiFi driver and its best to update them to the latest. Btw, after my latest update to the new 'WiFi & Bluetooth Drivers' they both work perfectly with no issues.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Done from WiFi now is
Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter.

But for Bluetooth i can't find the driver i triad to add a new driver By Device Manager'>action>Add an old device>
then i chose the Bluetooth file we downloaded,
than he gives me error
**The selected file does not contain a compatible driver for your device, if the folder contains a driver
Make sure it's designed to work on 64**

the file is for 64x and my Acer is 64x
I checked all the Bluetooth services in * Services * All are working in automatic mode.

what's wrong !! ):

Reaction score
Done from WiFi now is
Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter.

But for Bluetooth i can't find the driver i triad to add a new driver By Device Manager'>action>Add an old device>
then i chose the Bluetooth file we downloaded,
than he gives me error
**The selected file does not contain a compatible driver for your device, if the folder contains a driver
Make sure it's designed to work on 64**

the file is for 64x and my Acer is 64x
I checked all the Bluetooth services in * Services * All are working in automatic mode.

what's wrong !! ):

Firstly, are you sure that you have a 'Qualcom Atheros AR5B22' in your Acer Aspire V3-371 and its a Bluetooth/WiFi combined device? As the Acer Aspire V3-371 comes with an 'Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (a/b/g/h/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.0' because that should not be happening! The Bluetooth/WiFi device that I have changed into my 'Acer Aspire 5750/2414' is the 'Qualcom Atheros AR9462-AR5B22 WLAN 2.4G & 5G + Bluetooth 4.0 Mini PCIe Card' (see attached pic) as my laptop came standard with a 'Qualcom Atheros WiFi 2.4G' only and no Bluetooth.

Ok, to check all this and make sure, do the following steppes:

1. To check and make certain that your Bluetooth works or you have got a 'Bluetooth' go to 'Device Manager' and see Bluetooth (if its not shown, then do step 3 & 4, if it still does not show 'Bluetooth' in your 'Device Manager' then you don't have a WiFi/Bluetooth combined card or its not working.
2. Uninstall the Bluetooth driver first (from Device Manager) by right clicking on the Bluetooth>Bluetooth USB Module then 'Uninstall device'.
3. Use this workaround method, which is much easier and should work: download the Bluetooth Win-8.1 v8.0.1.314 from this link, make sure that you use the 'Download driver AR9462/8.0.1.314' the lime green download link from that site:

https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-nr-267-for-atheros-AR9462-and-Windows8.html

4. Then unzip it, and click the install.ini file, within this folder (the Win-8.1 v8.0.1.314) which installs the driver automatically, its much easier to install, as it will also install and execute a folder in your ‘Task Bar’ called 'Bluetooth Devices'. See if that is done by going to the ‘Task Bar’ left bottom corner of your screen.
5. After this, update the old (Win-8.1 v8.0.1.314) driver with the new Win-10 Bluetooth driver v10.0.3.14 - 12/03/2018 (that you have already downloaded) through 'Device Manager>Update driver.
6. If the above does not work then also see this link for older drivers (Win 7 & 8) for your Acer Aspire V3-471 as the drivers I have listed are the latest and they are specifically designed for Win-10:
http://driver-laptop-acer.blogspot.com/2013/08/driver-acer-aspire-v3-471.html

This should work for you, its very simple and easy lol if it does not then, you either have a faulty Bluetooth card section or your card is not a 'Qualcom Atheros AR9462-AR5B22'. Or you should uninstall all WiFi and Bluetooth drivers and reboot your computer then, reinstall them as a fresh install and see what happens as my instructions should work perfectly with all the scenarios that I have suggested, as I can't help you any further if it does not work and there must be some other factors involved that i can't diagnose without seeing your laptop.

Attachments

• Qualcom Atheros AR9462-AR5B22 WLAN 2.4G & 5G + Bluetooth 4.0 Mini PCIe Card.JPG
    Qualcom Atheros AR9462-AR5B22 WLAN 2.4G & 5G + Bluetooth 4.0 Mini PCIe Card.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,593
Last edited:

Ask a Question