SOLVED Wrong time displayed in Windows 10

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 Home version 1607 build 14393.321 installed on my Lenovo Z51-70 80K6.
My displayed time is always 2h behind.
The time is set to sync automatically.
The time zone is set to UTC+1 Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna.
Daylight savings time is set to adjust automatically.
The internet time server is set to be: pool.ntp.org. I also had the same issue also when it was syncing to time.microsoft.com, so this is not the problem.
If I sync the time manually it will display the correct time, though it switches back to the wrong time when I restart it and I have to sync it manually every time.
I already tried using services.msc and setting Windows Time to automatic, but it didn't work.
I have dual boot Windows 10 - Ubuntu 16.04. In Ubuntu time is correct. So this is not a hardware problem, it's a Windows 10 bug.
Prior to installing Ubuntu I had the same time issue, so it's not the case that the Ubuntu installation messed up.
Example: it's 20:48 right now, but it displays 18:48, unless I sync it manually every time.
Date is correct.
How do I solve this? Have I missed any information?

Reaction score
Thank you @Trouble!
I read the thread and I found the solution to my problem in one of the replies linking to this wiki.
I fixed the registry as suggested adding a QWORD (for 64-bit system) with value 1. More info on the procedure in the link to the wiki. Now time is fine both in Windows and Ubuntu.

By the way this problem was not caused by dual booting, as I had been experiencing it ever since I got this new PC a few days ago, so prior to installing Ubuntu. I did try to address this before dual booting, but urgently needed Ubuntu for work.

Ask a Question