“Pictures” folder has somehow changed its name to “3D Objects”

Reaction score
I don’t know how the hell this happened or what I did but my Pictures folder is now labelled as the “3D Objects” folder in the navigation pane of File Explorer. The actual “3D Objects” folder is still there above where my Pictures folder should be (see picture below).

When I click on the 3D Objects folder with the pictures icon on it, all my pictures are in there. When I click on the actual 3D Objects folder, there is nothing in there as it should be.

How do I change the name of the 3D Objects folder with the pictures icon on it back to my “Pictures” folder?

Also, how could this have happened?

Thanks

HB

Pictures folder changed to 3D folder.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay I have managed to solve the re-naming of the folder back to "Pictures" but another problem has arisen.

The way that I solved the problem was to go to my Storage Drive D location where my pictures are actually stored and renamed the folder there from "3D Objects" to "Pictures."

By doing this, the name has now changed back to "Pictures" on the navigation pane and with the correct "Pictures" icon. That is all well and good.

However, although the Pictures folder in my Storage Drive D location has now been renamed satisfactorily, the icon on the folder is still showing as a "3D Objects" folder icon instead of the "Pictures" icon.

How can I safely change the icon in here back to a "Pictures" icon and where would I find the icon to change it?

Thanks

HB

Ask a Question