0xc000021a Blue Screen problem

Reaction score
My Windows 10 desktop suddenly failed to open Outlook, I just got a splash screen saying Loading Profile? I tried to do a Restore but my Windows 10 will not Restore and I ended up with a blue screen.I tried to load Outlook in Safe mode by holding down Ctrl the same Loading Profile occurried. Now when I switch On I get "Your computer ran into a problem and needs to restart but it just shutsdown again? Please help with a little patience as I am 82yo and desperatley need this machine working.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Just so we are all on the same page....
You indicate that the problem started with Outlook failing to load and stalling at the loading profile page....

Were there any other issues with the computer that you can think of before this happened?

I ask because, you're outlook program exhibited some issues and now your Operating System seems to be showing some sign of problems.
This could be a simple coincidence or something more serious like a faulty / failing hard disk.
Generally speaking Windows 10 doesn't particularly care whether Outlook is working or not so a problem with a program within a larger productivity suite of programs should not cause the Operating System to crash.

Most importantly do you have backups of your critical data?
Do you have a copy of the installation media or a recovery disk that you may have made to boot the system from?
IF NOT
Do you have access to a second working computer that you can use to acquire the Windows 10 ISO and create the installation media?
IF SO
Go here
Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD, http://imgburn.com/
or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, http://rufus.akeo.ie/
either of which you can use to boot your computer.
The DVD option will require a dual layer disc and an optical drive capable of burning such a disc.

I recommend the USB thumb drive option as it requires only an 8 gig drive although something larger is OK as well.

Additionally you might want to consider removing the system drive from the computer and attaching it to a second computer where you can then use the native Check Disk utility to inspect the drive and all partitions for errors.
You might also use this as an opportunity to backup any critical data to an external resource if you have not done so already.

Ask a Question