SOLVED 0xc000021a W10 Preview BSOD

Reaction score
I'm running on a custom-built msi laptop with 8GB RAM and 750GB HDD w/ a 2.2. ghz processor. If that's helpful

Anyways, my laptop was running fine last night, went to work this AM and as I started working my laptop shut down because the power cord wasnt completely plugged in and this goliath of a machine doesnt like using it's battery power.

Greeted with a Windows 10 restart, and then BSOD with error message 0xc000021a, and then kept trying to auto repair and a disk scan. Both of these things kept causing a crashing loop.

I then went into the Advanced section and tried to do a system restore and there were none to be found, and then I tried to boot into safe mode and received the same BSOD.

After this, I decided to a full Windows 10 reset through the menu and it doesn't appear to have fixed anything.

Now my latest has involved following several troubleshooting guides from a plethora of locations using the CMD Prompt and nothing has changed my luck.

People also using Windows 10 are my last shot...so here I am :).

I am more than willing to repeat things I've already tried under your recommendation and if worse comes to worse I just really need to pull a lot of files off of this computer and would appreciate assistance doing so.

Thank you in advance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I just really need to pull a lot of files off of this computer
Assuming there is no physical damage to the drive, and that you cannot remove the drive and connect it to a second windows machine for inspection, maintenance (chkdsk and defrag), and data recovery, then my standard go to solution is to boot with a Linux Distro Live CD, my personal preference in Mint MATE (Rafela).... you can get the 32 or 64 bit Version of MATE here http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php
Just be careful and do not inadvertently run the installer from the resultant desktop, just stay in the Live Environment, plug in an external resource (USB Drive) and move you critical data over to it.

As far as the actual Blue Screen is concerned....
If the machine will not boot and run at all, it'll be difficult to retrieve the files (.dmp) someone will need to help possibly diagnose the cause. They're generally in C:\Windows\MiniDump
But depending on your system settings might also be in the root of C:\Windows (a file called Memory.DMP).
Maybe during your data recovery efforts you might be able to retrieve them also, so someone somewhere can take a look.

Reaction score
I found all my files in an Windows.old file and was able to get them all off and then did a fresh install of Windows 10 Enterprise edition from a bootable USB. I formatted everything - and windows installed in almost no times.

Reaction score
I found all my files in an Windows.old file and was able to get them all off and then did a fresh install of Windows 10 Enterprise edition from a bootable USB. I formatted everything - and windows installed in almost no times.

I have the same problem you have, only its a custom desktop.

Your fix however is not working for me. I have tried to install a fresh version via a thumbdrive. While it was going its thing I got up and came back about an hour later to find this message yet again.

So lost and can't get on to do hw.

Ask a Question