1 program, 2 Users

Reaction score
I'm setting up a new computer with 2 profiles.

I know that programs to be used by only one person are installed under that person's profile.

However, there are a couple of programs that need to be accessible in both profiles - eg. word processing. How do I make this happen? I haven't been able to find a clear answer on the various forums I usually check.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Most programs should be available to all users unless it's specified otherwise. Some programs such as games will give you that option on install. Your word processor should be available to all. Each would save their files in their own documents fold, and individual setting would be saved in that persons profile. If there's no shortcut or start menu entry for a program you want other to access, you may need to find the folder with that programs executable file, and create your own shortcut and place it on that persons desktop. From there they can pin it to the taskbar or their start menu.

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying. I did find a suggestion to put the .exe file in the All Users folder, but Windows 10 apparently did away with All Users. I'll work on getting the shortcuts set up as you suggested.

Reaction score
Yes, I agree with Bigfeet, I have several users accounts on all 4 of my units. The only programs that are not available to all accounts have the option when installed as to whether they will be available to all user our just the installed User
All users is still there in my User Folder? however, I haven't put and *.exe files in there intentionally about the only program I can think of that is User Account specific is Roboform on my systems a paid-for password program this is as each user would have their own database of Passwords.

Ask a Question