SOLVED 10130 problems

Reaction score
On Friday may 29, 10130 installed and everything seemed ok until I put the system to sleep. When I woke it up I had no image on my monitor and it said no signal. So, I had to manually reboot, which worked.
The start menu was changed slightly, I had nothing but the power button, settings and file explorer had vanished. I found out how to get them back on the start menu and everything seemed ok until I put it to sleep again. When I woke it up it again had no video image, so again I had to reboot and again, everything came back on but this time none of the icons on the task back functioned. No start menu, no cortana, no notifications, etc.
So at this point I rolled it back to the previous build but again none of the task bar icon responded.
So, while I sit here at work, I'm downloading the latest ISO and will reinstall windows when I get home.
And so goes saga of testing new software, lol.

windows 10 (latest build)
Asus P9X79 MB
i7 3930k @3.2 (haven't needed to oc)
GTX 690 (Still screamiln)
32 GB ddr3 ram @ 1333
Logitec usb mouse, keyboard and G930 headphones

Reaction score
Suggestion:
After you have reverted back to a previous build, set the system to SLOW ring and wait for 10130 to be released in Slow ring.
When that happens, usually the ISO will also become available for download.
You can then decide how you want to install 10130.

Build 10130 to Slow ring.jpg

Reaction score
Suggestion:
After you have reverted back to a previous build, set the system to SLOW ring and wait for 10130 to be released in Slow ring.
When that happens, usually the ISO will also become available for download.
You can then decide how you want to install 10130.

View attachment 291
The new build (10130) just came out on slow, so I let it install and as before everything seems to work except sleep and shut down. It seems to be a glitch with the new Nvidia win 10 drivers and something in build 130 because up to 10074 (which was the last iso I had) sleep worked fine. Also I'm not sure why shut down doesn't work, but this just started with win 10, so I guess that win 10 just doesn't like something in my system setup. One minor point is that I'm now getting more graphics glitches since the new win10 NVidia drivers came out.

Reaction score
I just rolled back the Nvidia driver to 347.88 and sleep now seems to sort of work. When I wake the computer up, everything except the video seems to start up, then it does a restart after about a minute and then I get video. Definitely still wrong, but better than getting no video like I did with the new win 10 drivers -352.84. Aslo with the win 10 drivers I was getting graphics errors in some games that used to work flawlessly - ie Fallout 3. (Screen kept freezing and I had to do a restart to get out of it. Task manager or alt tab would not work properly at that point).
So basically, the new Nvidia drivers are not quite right yet. So, I'll just wait till they are.

Reaction score
I have 2 pc's that seem to be stuck on build 10130. Both are set for the fast ring, but no update to 100147 or the 1 before it.
1 PC seems to be working fine on build 10130, the other was at first, but now when many of the apps are opened they pop up on the screen for a split second then close out.
I have the iso for build 10147. but last time I tried updating from an iso I lost all the other software I had installed and had to re-install it. Other updates are installing ok it seems.
Any idea on how to move them on to the latest build? Thanks.

Reaction score
I'm going to say that my complaint is mostly solved. It seems that as new drivers come out, things get better. I was just a little too impatient.

Ask a Question