10586 to 14367

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I did the free upgrade on my wife's PC from W7 to W10. Went very well, everything preserved no weird stuff. It is an Old Vista period AMD 3 cpu core machine with an SSD and 6Gb Ram. I was expecting it to puke up on some old applications but it didn't.

So just as an experiment I enrolled the machine in the Insider program and let Windows Update upgrade it to 14367. That worked as well. It did lose the original W7 games but apart from that was fine.

So I hope that this is a good omen. That when the great mass of the people, including the members here wake up one morning in July to a somewhat new looking W10 that they will have little to complain about and there won't be a deluge of new threads.

I would note that neither at the original W10 upgrade nor this one was this old clunker running any AV system except Defender.

Reaction score
"So I hope that this is a good omen. That when the great mass of the people, including the members here wake up one morning in July to a somewhat new looking W10 that they will have little to complain about and there won't be a deluge of new threads.

I would note that neither at the original W10 upgrade nor this one was this old clunker running any AV system except Defender."

Optimism, I feel. There will still be deluges of forum posts, outlining faults which, in most cases, I cannot even replicate.

As I posted in an earlier thread, I did the same thing. Dragged out an old abandoned Acer laptop -
Intel Duo core T6400 @ 2.00GHz, 3Gbs Ram.
Dusted it down and ,tongue in cheek, ran a clean install of the latest build
It is running 100%. I am sitting in front of it now. All my software installed.

Ask a Question