Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My guess is this
https://twitter.com/donasarkar/status/835175323532681218
IS a hint.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...42-pc-build-15043-mobile/#iUVu1fCwiI6c2OiS.97

Downloading now.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Two things of interest.
1. IF you have the UUP registry hack applied so as to be able to secure the ESD for an ISO creation. The update will not download. You'll have to set your UUP hack back to "1"
2. No watermark on this version, so..... One might infer from that and the fact that Winver does not display anything referencing "Evaluation copy" nor "Expires" with an associated date, that.....
This might be the last of nearly the last build before RTM.

Capture2.jpg

Reaction score
15042 downloaded fast and started final install but stuck at about 32%. Waited quite a while and reset, no luck, reset again also no luck and finally it went back to previous version 15031.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
15042 downloaded fast and started final install but stuck at about 32%. Waited quite a while and reset, no luck, reset again also no luck and finally it went back to previous version 15031.
Known Issue??
A small percentage of PCs may fail to update to this build due to a corrupt registry key. If your PC appears to be at the spinning dots black screen during boot for an unusual amount of time while updating to this build, hard reboot your PC and then run the following commands in an admin Command Prompt:

reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\setup\upgrade\nsimigrationroot /f
netsh int ipv6 set locality state=disabled
reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi\{eb004a01-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}\28 /f

For more information on this issue, see this forum post.

SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...42-pc-build-15043-mobile/#8DPc2smtD2vQGLTl.97
Section labeled "Known Issues for PC"

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed. Finished after roughly 3 hours. No watermarks, indicating that this is the RTM version that will be released soon. When started the first time, Edge started and greeted me with the CREATORS UPDATE.

No new ISO files as of yet....... (Do not expect one though)...

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had about 10 BSOD's 12 failures and 4 hours to install finally. The stuff they claim is fixed maybe fixed but it is now worse than the initializing thing. In April when this does go final, I am gone from this program. I may go back to dual booting Linux then.

Reaction score
Windows 15042 has been a total disaster for me. Worse than malware. Windows management spends too much time on publicity and not enough to making a useful operating system. Get rid of KiddyKrap.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes.
Until this build there was always a watermark in the bottom right and winver would produce "Evaluation" with an expiration date this version does not, nor does the subsequent 15046

Reaction score
I am using the UPP to iso method, in order to produce an ISO. (Not for the faint-hearted!)
A fresh install with build 046, breath, held, went very smoothly.
Going through all the options, seemed to be very much a "no change" task. I discovered that there was no "clear type" listed in any of the settings, but found it was still there on a search. Something I like to use, to enhance my fading eyesight.
The Control panel disappeared a couple of builds ago. I recall, confirmed by our Administrator, that it is the intention to slowly replace it with the settings and fade it out. It still has a few things I like to mess with.
But, it is still available in all its glory, in the start menu, under the "Windows System" folder.
And yes. No watermark. Just watching now for it to show up on the MSDN downloads as an RTM, or whatever they may call it.

Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I just flipped the two registry keys that worked on all previous (UUP) builds prior to 15042 and managed to grab the ESD file prior to reboot.
It seemed to resume working again for 15046, no idea why or how but I'll take it for now.
I will experiment with the UUP to ISO method and if it works, I'll add that arrow to my quiver as well.
Thanks davehc for the heads-up.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Since it has been a while since I have dealt with the Insider program, has the OS always stated it was an Insider Preview version?

"The Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview"
And it has returned with the latest build 15048

Capture.PNG