17 file

Reaction score
I use windows10 on an Asus machine. Just recently some documents I have saved either as Word documents in Open Office or as ppp documents in PagePlusX9 have been saved as "17 file" and I am unable to open them. Any help would be very much appreciated

Reaction score
The OpenOffice documents I usually save as a doc file and the PagePlus as a ppp document. This problem has only arisen in the last few months. Many thanks for your interest.

Reaction score
Right click and on "Open with" then select an app to use and see what happens, don't double-click any file before trying what I just said. Once finished, close the file with "Save as" and select a format to use, .doc or whatever you prefer!.

I would also choose a new username as I assume that is your full E-Mail address, be alert for "Spam Mail"!. ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions but unfortunately I have tried that without any success. It first happened with Page plus X3 so I thought it might be because I was using an older version so I bought and installed X9 - the same thing happened. Then I noticed it had done it with OpenOffice which I have used without problem for years (as I have PagePlus). That made me wonder if the problem might be with Windows. Is that possible? I will try and alter my user name - if I can find out how to do it!

Ask a Question