SOLVED 17133 gone live 17133.73

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Only seeing this announcement right now, which looks like an update to the Insider Preview Build
UPDATE 4/10: We have released KB4100375 (OS Build 17133.73) to Windows Insiders running Build 17133 in the Fast, Slow, and Release Preview rings. This update includes the following quality improvements (no new OS features):

• Addresses a PDF security issue in Microsoft Edge.
  • Addresses an issue that, in some instances, prevents Internet Explorer from identifying custom controls.
  • Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows kernel, Microsoft graphics component, Windows Server, Windows cryptography, and Windows datacenter networking.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...dows-10-insider-preview-build-17133-for-fast/

Reaction score
So far, yes, the only one already had 17133. But another system had a cumulative update for 1709. I will wait to see if once that one is fully installed, it will get another one.

Frankly, I expected a cumulative update for the Preview build yesterday......

Reaction score
Yep, that is it. Right now that system is sending data at it full upload speed. Possibly being used to update others, not sure.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That's all I got today as far as the OS is concerned. With a flash player update and some office updates, otherwise....
Just another normal Update Tuesday.
On your machine that was already running what many suspected and still some suspect was the RTM (although with a newer build update today, that would seem to be an erroneous suspicion) , was that machine still participating in the Insider Program?
OR did you install it from scratch and left it out of the Insider Program.

It would be a very good positive indicator if you received a build update outside of the Insider Program on that machine.

Capture.PNG

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
So is this the so called "Spring Creators Update" or just another monthly cumulative update?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm not on/in the insiders program anymore and haven't been for a long time. Right at 1 pm EST I checked my updates manually and there it was installing. So far for me it seems to be just another cumulative update.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So is this the so called "Spring Creators Update" or just another monthly cumulative update?
It would seem that opinions vary.
All I got on three production machines running the latest publicly available version of Windows 10, both home and pro 64 bit is the cumulative update bumping my build to 16299.371

I have yet to see any "Official" pronouncement by Microsoft anywhere as to any publicly available resource for the "Spring" update which would bump the OS version from 1709 to 1803.

Reaction score
I am not giving up on the full upgrade arriving in the next 24 hours.

They may have found something they needed to repair before the upgrade, or they did not plan to release it today, or even 17133 may not even be the final.

I have one non-Insider system I upgraded using the .iso which has done nothing. But it you wanted to play games with your users, by doing a normal cumulative update, they would have guessed everyone would move on thinking it was just a normal upgrade ....

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have one non-Insider system I upgraded using the .iso which has done nothing.
The reason I asked that, is because I got caught out several iterations ago, maybe way back on the Anniversary update, where I thought I had the inside track on the true RTM and installed it with a wipe and clean install.
It never received any subsequent updates except maybe the daily Defender updates.

So I was just wanting to know if you had an install of 17133 that was not participating in the Insider Program to see what your experience might be with that environment in-place.

Reaction score
The non-insider system probably did not get the cumulative update because it was only targeted for Insiders, which is probably what you are getting at.

All we can do now is wait...

My Insider system is not showing any prior updates. The cumulative update we just got should be showing, right?

Last edited:

Bif

Reaction score
Preparing to download as I type, hope all goes smoothly with as few if any surprises.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The cumulative update we just got should be showing, right?
Mine is the same. I've been busy with my primary machines and just got around to updating my Insider Machine.
The update is not showing, but....
IF you go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Show installed updates (left column) it does show two from today.

Capture1.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Mine shows 3 for today's date.....
Yep.... that would be the same I have on my 1709 version of the OS.
The image I posted above is from my Insider Preview 1803 version of the OS.
This thread is sort of hard to follow as we are bouncing around some, between what is the current publicly available version and the results of today's Update Tuesday
AND
What some of us are monitoring with respect to what's going on with the Insider Program and to what extent we might be able to logically infer when, what and how we might be able or get our hands on the 1803 RTM early.
Basically the same guessing game we always play about this same time, when we know the RTM is very close.

Reaction score
The KB4093112 is not showing on mine either. The build went to .73 but I keep getting an update failed message.

I think I will reinstall 17133 since I went through so many builds just prior to this. I also had a problem with Windows Mixed Reality so I need to get that cleared up.

Edit: After the Reinstall, the 17133 update shows up on the Settings-Updates-View Updates page... Something was not right with that original install.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, after going through a reinstall and getting KB4093112 to show up in the normal place, now I find those updates have disappeared and I see the attachment from my updates page. I have no idea what is happening...

Failure.JPG

Ask a Question