2 Laptops - 1 Wallpaper

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I've recently bought an HP ENVY 15-ae065sa to use as a gaming laptop. I have changed the wallpaper to one of my choosing - say, Picture 1. Then when I have finished my gaming, and Picture 1 is now present on my Secondary Laptop. When I changed Laptop 2 to Picture a, the gaming ENVY also changes to Picture a.

How do I stop this?

Thanks,

B

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That is one of the wonderful features in the World of Windows, which supports syncing your account settings across multiple devices. Isn't it grand.
Not so wonderful you say?
OK....
Try this and see if it works for you.
Click the Start Button, Click Settings, Click Accounts and in the left column choose "Sync your settings"
Top slider "Theme" slide it to the left = Off
See if that does the trick.
It's a two way street so you may have to do it on both machines and you may have to go into Themes and delete the Sync'd theme.

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I've recently bought an HP ENVY 15-ae065sa to use as a gaming laptop. I have changed the wallpaper to one of my choosing - say, Picture 1. Then when I have finished my gaming, and Picture 1 is now present on my Secondary Laptop. When I changed Laptop 2 to Picture a, the gaming ENVY also changes to Picture a.

How do I stop this?

Thanks,

B

Well when you use your Microsoft account on multiple machines your settings are shared. If you have local account you can use your MS account to goto store or sync one drive but your personal setting aren't shared.

Ask a Question