2 minutes to start screen

Reaction score
I've looked elsewhere on the forum,but lost the will to live. The first win 10 upgrade worked well on my Packard Bell Easynote TS11SB laptop, but the next upgrade REALLY SLOWED DOWN the startup process. Now 2 minutes. I know you guys in Microsoft think you know best , but there are so many platforms/gadgets out here, that you don't have a clue about how your so called upgrades will work. I've tried the highly unintuitive disable quick boot up trick to no avail. Any help?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I know you guys in Microsoft think you know best
Just us chickens here. End users, much the same as yourself. In fact, neither this website nor anyone on it has any direct affiliation with Microsoft (except the rare MVP and their own very loose Microsoft affiliation).

Perhaps give the Clean Boot method a try and see if that might help you to determine what is happening that is causing your machine to load and or operate slowly. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

After configuring your machine to Clean Boot, if that seems to provide any relief from the problem, you will then have to take some time and determine what the offending program, service / process might be.

Carefully and deliberately one non-Microsoft service at a time or in very small groups re-enable them, rebooting after each change to observe any changes. Then graduate to the Startup items again rebooting after each change.

Reaction score
"Just us chickens here. End users, much the same as yourself. In fact, neither this website nor anyone on it has any direct affiliation with Microsoft (except the rare MVP and their own very loose Microsoft affiliation)."

And to Add. MVPs are also, for the most part, plain ordinary end users. We get limited perqs, but no special attention. The particular qualities which bring the MVP awards, are also covering a vast field and, in some cases are of little consequence in terms of really top rate skills.

But, dragging back to davehut. There will be other suggestions, but have you tried looking in the Task manger - Startup tab, to see if anything has been placed in there which could be slowing the start process?

"

Reaction score
"Just us chickens here. End users, much the same as yourself. In fact, neither this website nor anyone on it has any direct affiliation with Microsoft (except the rare MVP and their own very loose Microsoft affiliation)."

And to Add. MVPs are also, for the most part, plain ordinary end users. We get limited perqs, but no special attention. The particular qualities which bring the MVP awards, are also covering a vast field and, in some cases are of little consequence in terms of really top rate skills.

But, dragging back to davehut. There will be other suggestions, but have you tried looking in the Task manger - Startup tab, to see if anything has been placed in there which could be slowing the start process?

"
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I have disabled startup programmes that are high on usage. Still working on it, so watch this space.

Reaction score
Just us chickens here. End users, much the same as yourself. In fact, neither this website nor anyone on it has any direct affiliation with Microsoft (except the rare MVP and their own very loose Microsoft affiliation).

Perhaps give the Clean Boot method a try and see if that might help you to determine what is happening that is causing your machine to load and or operate slowly. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

After configuring your machine to Clean Boot, if that seems to provide any relief from the problem, you will then have to take some time and determine what the offending program, service / process might be.

Carefully and deliberately one non-Microsoft service at a time or in very small groups re-enable them, rebooting after each change to observe any changes. Then graduate to the Startup items again rebooting after each change.
I haven't tried this yet, but thank you very much for the suggestion. I need to set aside some time (and brain space...) to give it ago. Will report back on progress.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a big clear-up of this thread, as it previously went way off-topic and I'm sure that this is a problem we can help with if it still persists. Please no more off-topic posting in this thread :).

Ask a Question