SOLVED 32 bit to 64 bit

Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum, so please excuse me if it is in the wrong section.
I currently have a very old P.C 32 bit system with Windows 10 Home. I regularly back up all my data to an external drive using Easeus Todo Backup.(both System and Smart backup) I am just about to replace this P.C with a new 64 bit system one which will come with Windows 10 pre-installed.
My question is if I install Todo Backup on the new machine will I then be able to recover my files and settings etc. to the new machine. I appreciate that I probobly will not need the old system information, but I do not want to lose the other data (photographs, music, and other software.)
Any advice would be most appreciated
Brian Carver

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Brian :).

Yes, you'll still be able to restore backups made on a 32-bit system. The backup file itself is just a container which can be opened on almost all systems (in the same way you could open up a document on almost any PC). Just be sure that you're able to selectively restore files (I'm sure this will be possible with ToDo backup, but I've not used it before).

Reaction score
As a safety net, you could also copy your important personal data file folders over to the external drive, then, move them back over to the new machine if the Easeus Todo backup restore should fail.

Ask a Question