5 Partition external Drive Not showing in Windows 10

Reaction score
I have a external Hard drive I formatted and changed to 5 partitions. I used disk utility on my mac to make 5 partitions. one partition is mac os journaled and the rest are fat 32. all I wanted to do was make a time machince on the journaled partition make a recovery boot up usb for mac make a recovery boot up usb for windows 10 make a back up for windows 10 and just have a last partition to use for whatever files I need to hold everything on my other laptop running Ubuntu. when my drive is plugged into the mac everything works fine. I see all the partitions and I made a time machine. when I plug the drive into my laptop when I'm running windows 10 it doesn't show in file explorer. I go to disk manager and I see disk 2 is unallocated and not initialized. the only option it gives me is offline and when I click that it shows the disk is read only. what is the problem and how do I fix it to be able to use my external drive how I want? it is a 2010 MacBook pro i7 model laptop running mac os 10.7.5 and windows 10 through bootcamp.

Reaction score
Windows can usually only recognize 4 primary partitions on a MBR hard drive. Since I have NO experience with Apple I cannot comment on how your configuration might effect Windows.

Maybe you could ask some Apple folks..

Ask a Question