70GB missing off 250GB SSD

Reaction score
Ive just realised after coming home off xmas hols that there is a 70GB UNALLOCATED partition at the end of my 250GB Samsung EVO SSD, I cnnot MERGE it to the useable C:\ partition because one of the 4 Windows created and needed partitions is now not at the start of the disk but sitting between the two stopping me from merging and im not creating a second 70GB partition... I want it all back in my C: Drive

screenshot from Minitool Partition Wizard:

partitionwizard_2019-12-27_21-55-36.jpg

can anyone help with this issue?

many thanks in advance

windows 10 Pro x64 1909

Last edited by a moderator:

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you need the volume sitting between your C partition and the Unallocated space, then you'll need to download a third party Disk Management application, because the built-in Windows 10 Disk Management can only extend a partition if the unallocated space is to the immediate right of the partition you intend to extend.

Here is one example of a third party tool you could choose to use.

Reaction score
It take a bit but it can be done...
1. extend the ntfs 562 mb to the 70GB
2. save
3. resize the 71GB so the new 565MB is on the end.... that leaves the 70 GB next to the 161GB OS.
save then reboot.
I use minitoolpartition to do this... it shows you how to move/resize in the direction you want...I just moved the 0.47 to the left so to have the 799 on the right.
1577584344241.png

Reaction score
Ive just realised after coming home off xmas hols that there is a 70GB UNALLOCATED partition at the end of my 250GB Samsung EVO SSD, I cnnot MERGE it to the useable C:\ partition because one of the 4 Windows created and needed partitions is now not at the start of the disk but sitting between the two stopping me from merging and im not creating a second 70GB partition... I want it all back in my C: Drive

View attachment 11077

many thanks in advance

windows 10 Pro x64 1909

I had a similar problem with the SSD on my new Huawei laptop. It came with the "C:" partition too small and the "D:" partition too large (for what I wanted). I could have de-allocated some of the space from D: ... but that space would be put to the right side of D, leaving the D between C and the freshly un-allocated space. I ended up using a third party disk management program called "AOMEI Partition Assistant" that had the tools necessary to do the job.

I don't recall now if it was free software or not... I think perhaps I bought it but it wasn't expensive at all.

Good luck.

Reaction score
what you are showing is rather easy to fix... 1.) resize your ntfs 562 MB to include the 70 GB, apply and then resize the entire 70.5 GB to the right so to leave the 562 MB at 565 mb this leaves you 70gb between, then apply now you can resize you70 GB to your 161 GB then apply.

Reaction score

View attachment 11077

many thanks in advance

windows 10 Pro x64 1909
Just curious if you used the "Over Provisioning" in Samsung Magician when you setup your drive. If you did, that does use unallocated space at the end of the drive. If you start Samsung Magician and click on Over Provisioning look to see if "Clear OP" is available (but don't click on it. If it is available, then you used Over Provisioning. You should clear that first by clicking on "Clear OP" if you want to use the space. Then follow other's suggestions to fix your partitions.

Ask a Question