8gadgetpack new version 26.0

Reaction score
Helmut has upgraded the gadget pack software to keep it compliant with the newer versions of Windows 10. Also dropped some gadgets that were not safe to use and other Included gadgets have been upgraded to make them safer to use.

Reaction score
Can the Win7 gadgets be used with that one?? I am currently using " DesktopGadgetsRevived-2.0 " and only the weather app (Weather Center 2.6.2) seized to function...

Reaction score
Can the Win7 gadgets be used with that one?? I am currently using " DesktopGadgetsRevived-2.0 " and only the weather app (Weather Center 2.6.2) seized to function...

Grizzly, Helmut webpage has a listing of all the gadgets he has approved and come with the program. He also states that if you're confident in where you get a gadget from it should be safe to run. The Program runs off Microsoft API he has just upgraded them to be compliant with the latest versions of 10.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Please excuse but I thought these gadgets were an open vulnerability and not to be trusted and used? Has these new software vendors fixed those vulnerabilities? This was back in Vista and windows 7 when MS warned us not to use them.

Reaction score
Gonna try them. I like my gadgets and have never seen or experienced anything negative about them....

[edit]
installed the gadgets and all but the weather center are working (as before). What I like about this one,is that this one has all the gadgets I use already built in so I do not have to chase after them anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please excuse but I thought these gadgets were an open vulnerability and not to be trusted and used? Has these new software vendors fixed those vulnerabilities? This was back in Vista and windows 7 when MS warned us not to use them.

I think if you read Helmut web page your questions will be answered. back in the day when anyone could put out a gadget, there were hackers that were putting them out with trojans and other malware and that is why MS put the brakes on. So now its a matter of do you trust the source of the gadgets pretty much like attachments to email do you trust the source or not. I personally have a set of gadgets that I have been using for many years without any issues. Helmut came up with 8gadgetpack to replace what MS took away more or less just like Ivo did with Classic Shell. He now has updated things to continue working with the latest version of Windows 10.
Ivo has elected to stop working on Classic Shell and posted it as open source So GitHub is updating Classic Shell, now called classic start and when they complete their project it will probably be called Start 9

My Gadgets 2018-07-14_9-53-51.png

I really find clipboarder useful bottom right anything you copy can be stored and a simple paste into anywhere. great for repetitive things in forums or anywhere repetitive things need to be inserted.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gonna try them. I like my gadgets and have never seen or experienced anything negative about them....

[edit]
installed the gadgets and all but the weather center are working (as before). What I like about this one,is that this one has all the gadgets I use already built in so I do not have to chase after them anymore.

Yes I find that I can't get the network meter to work, I use that one on occasion to monitor data flow to and from a computer I think there are links to the authors in the tools link on each gadget I also hide the gadget bar its self and have my gadget free floating.

I figured it out had to do with NIC setting, actually I was talking about Network Monitor II It shows actually download and upload in Mbp and MB/s

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had an issue with my weather gadget last weekend. I went into settings and changed the server and all is well.

Reaction score
Weather Center. Connecting to the weathernetwork.com Sorry I didn't see your reply until just now :)

Reaction score
Weather Center. Connecting to the weathernetwork.com Sorry I didn't see your reply until just now :)
I tried that one. It has many towns listed with the same name of the town I live in but not the one in North Carolina.
Still looking for one that works...

Ask a Question